summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

another lovely day....

And we were all out of fruits and veggies.....so we went first to Aldi, Mirielle, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I......we got a pineapple and some tomatoes and cucumbers and three different kinds of apples and some grapes and onions and soymilk and a can of Pringles for the little girls.

Then Wegmans for baby carrots and bananas and a watermelon, bread and flour fajitas, a coffee for me, yum, some marked down flowers, baked beans (there is a local company that makes the best baked beans...Gramma Brown's...they taste like summer)....

Then to B.J.s for a few more things....black olives and Starburst or the girls' trip, and fruit snacks and detergent and some good chocolate.....

And now home.......it is warm out, we just had smoothies made in our new blender, thank you Kim! It works wonderfully. The kids are getting dressed to go in the pool.....

Dinner tonight: chicken bacon fajitas with green peppers, black olives, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese.

I went to bed with a headache last night, I should know by now to take something instead of just going to bed and hoping it will go away. By 2:45 I was in agony, a nice migraine.....I thought I was going to be sick....I took three ibuprofen. At 3:15, it was worse. I got up and took two more. It finally started to fade, and I finally fell asleep. When seven o'clock rolled around, getting up to start the day was torture. That wrung-out-after-migraine feeling is like a terrible hangover.....hmm, how do I know that? Anyway, I hate them and the only thing good about having them at night is that at least at night I can just lie there...

Sonja's foot seems better after taking a dose of Benedryl last night, so I think it is swollen from a bite or sting. She was rather sleepy this morning though....that stuff will do that. I am hoping I am right and she isn't walking around on a broken foot. It seems one has to be a doctor in order to be a mother.

I bought the kids a new pool floatie at Aldi. Why do I think it is okay to buy just one of something? Oh my goodness, they are negotiating and arguing and timing each other....I could have at least bought two! (Mirielle is out in the pool with them)

It goes without saying that I have things to do around here. Mountains of things. But sitting here is so pleasant....the cool breeze coming in through the window and the sound of the kids taking turns nicely on the floatie...ha. Actually, there haven't been any fights yet. Any loud screaming ones, anyway.

All I want to do when I put this computer away is go lie down on the couch and fall asleep. But it is after five, and dinner prep has to be started, plus I have clothes in the washer and dryer. The dryer is a huge load of darks...blah. If I don't rescue them soon they will be all wrinkled. rrr.

No comments: