summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 14, 2010

it strikes fear into my heart...

and if that statement seems like too strong a way to describe how I feel about my mother-in-law dropping in unexpectedly, you have not seen my house on a Monday morning. And for some reason, she likes to come on Monday morning. This has nothing to do with her, no, I truly love her. But the stuff that piles up around here in such a short period of time, like a weekend for example, is - well, wow. I have swept the kitchen and living room and cleared counters this morning. It is not dirty or anything, just cluttered. A tiny baby couch monster is emerging, I need to stop it before it grows too big to to tackle, and starts really scaring me.

Rosie and Glen Cocoa have been bad all morning. They wrestle and play and nip and bark and roll around, and they just chewed up a big fat piece of sidewalk chalk. We are down to the bottom of the dog food bag, so we are going to the store this morning. I have to call Glen Cocoa's owner again. I only know how to reach her at work, and I left a message on Friday, I will call again shortly. I love him, he is such a good dog, but after he left last time it seemed so easy to have just Rosie again.

Jonathan stayed home today. He got up, cuddled up on the couch. He finally got dressed and started on his cereal, but he was going so slow it was almost backwards. Then he hopped over to the door in one sock, didn't know where the other one went, and I saw that he had put his clean school shirt over his pajama shirt, and when I helped him take it off quick, I discovered the pajama shirt smelled like pee. So Mr. Jonathan got a free pass to stay home today. I did not have time to give him a shower at that point, and I cannot let him go to school like that. He is as happy as can be.

I am just thinking and thinking about what was talked about in church yesterday. The letter kills, but the spirit gives life. One can use the bible to justify oneself, to condemn another, but the whole point is to use those verses to become freed from sin. To follow Jesus on this way He has made.

Today is a good day for the grocery store because:

1. We are almost out of milk.

2. We are out of apples and bananas.

3. Dogfood.

4. It is cloudy, which is a number one good reason for Miss Mirielle, my shopping companion this morning. Wasting a sunny day in the store is NOT her idea of fun.

5. I get to walk away from the house, ha.

6. Suzanne has a field trip tomorrow, and the pickings are slim for packing a nice lunch.

7. I like going grocery shopping.

Jonathan just found out we are going shopping, and he is not thrilled. He is not listening to me, and I have to go help him out a bit.....

5 comments:

Martha said...

The letter kills, but the spirit gives life. Such beautiful words.

I can relate to the Monday morning madness as I do not, as a rule, clean on Sundays nor am I home much on Saturdays. By Monday it looks as though a tornado blew threw.

Joni said...

Yep, understand Monday mornings. I tend to refer to it as Monday Morning Madness! But today the sun was shining brightly (after a few cloudy, dreary days) so I got up when hubby got up to go to work (7:00) and accomplished tons before the kids started getting up a couple hours later. Felt so good for a Monday. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I don't have to worry about my m.o.l. dropping in unexpectedly. My in-laws do not travel out of their little town, unless it's to the neighboring town to see a special doctor. So my m.o.l. has never visited our house. She's a dear lady and I'd love to have her over - but our only visits are when we go see them.

Martha said...

"Threw"? Who taught that woman to spell?

Piper Paradise said...

My heart just sunk at the title to your post then I read and felt relief. Was worried about your family. Yep a family I read about yet have never met in real life yet feel as if I know you personally. I am a dork :-) So love reading you though!

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha, you are funny, threw and threw. And sorry about the title! It is like when someone calls and says they have bad news, and it is just that their cat ran away or something. After the bottom of my tummy gives way. My son Ben thinks it is funny to pretend he was in an accident, every once in a while. If he had never been in one, it might possibly be a teensy bit humorous.