summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 5, 2010

saturday.....

Omelets for breakfast, with green peppers and onions, sausage and bacon, and mozzarella cheese.....and cereal and toaster pastries. After doing a bit of housework, out to the pool...well, the clouds rolled in and a bit of thunder...back out of the pool, after a mere 15 minutes....it is one of those days that won't make up its mind. Sunny, then cloudy, and very warm and humid.



I SHOULD do things around here...but....there are clothes on the couch, I put some of them away....but....the kids are getting hungry for lunch now.....with the older girls gone (Emily, Abigail, Mirielle, Mali, Margaret, and Kathryn went)....it seems empty here. Even though Benjamin, Joseph, Aaron, Samuel, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and the boys' friend Nate, and the kids' cousin Olivia are here.

My sister came by with her daughter and her daughter,(Grace)
and her grandson. She picked up Sonja to go to Walmart with them. Grace came in, and asked if I wanted to go to. Oh, I wanted. Shopping with my sister? But I just couldn't leave the other kids and Paul for not GOOD reason, other than it sound like great fun. I have already spent lots of money at Walmart this week, and we do not need milk or bread or dogfood.

I actually took a nap today. I just wasn't feeling well, and my stomach hurt...no, not pregnant. I decided to lie down for a few minutes because Paul was giving the kids lunch, and he suggested it. Well, those few minutes turned into a few hours, no fair! It totally whizzed by, like I closed my eyes, opened them back up and over two hours were gone. I hate to waste time like that, on a lovely day in which I couldn't decide what I wanted to do most......but I must have been pretty tired to sleep like that.

Now it is dinner time, Paul is out watching the kids in the pool. Charlotte Claire is taking a rare nap, I guess she was being very bratty so Paul tucked her in. Camille is sitting on the floor eating a freezepop. She has been very good about staying off of her leg, maybe because they formed the cast in a way to discourage walking, or maybe because she just believes us that she cannot walk. She scootches along the floor on her bottom.....

We went to the parade last night...somehow it makes me sad that Camille now calls it the "parade", rather than the "pa-prade", like she did last week. She is growing up and she is hilarious....she just went to the bathroom by herself. Her leg may be broken, but her independence isn't. (she used the potty chair, which I was considering getting rid of before she broke her leg. I am glad I didn't.)



It is so nice out, I am thinking I will go join them in the pool...

No comments: