summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, June 13, 2010

sunday, a day of rest...ha.

wow. What a restful weekend....yesterday we went to a huge theme park, we got special coupons from a program at school aimed at keeping the kids away from drugs. So it was $7.50 each instead of the usual 35 or 40. Camille stayed home with Daddy, because it is two hours one way in the van, and with her cast, it seemed mean....

Samuel has something stuck in his foot...it isn't really funny, but they are laughing anyway. He stepped on a piece of metal. I am not going to look because Mirielle volunteered to take it out, and she is calm cool and collected, which I will just plain never be when splinters or cuts or blood or broken bones are concerned. Okay, they got it out. Marg said it was just tiny, stuck in a little. I will take their word for it....

Today after church I went straight to a baby shower for my nephew's wife, with Mirielle, Margaret, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Charlotte Claire. (I was going to take Camille, but she threw a foot and bought herself a ticket home with Daddy....she was very tired). The best part was my great niece, seven months old, clapping her sweet little hands and smiling and laughing, and letting me hold her, without crying....I could just steal her, but I didn't say that. She was delightful, and Margaret was holding her saying, "Oh, Mom!!", and I said, "Don't Oh Mom Me!" I would take one in a minute.



This afternoon I watched Miss Camille play in her little pool, I put dinner in the oven, and went out to skim the pool a bit, and get a little excercise. Then back in to prepare dinner, and eat with Paul, Mirielle, Aaron, Mali, Sam, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. (Emily is working, Abigail went to a friend's house for dinner, Ben is working, Joseph is with one of his friends) We had roast beef and gravy and mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. It was too good. The little girls have to have barbecue sauce on everything, including yummy roast beef. yuck.

Some of my older kids are planning a trip to Ohio to go to the calling hours and funeral of their friend. I would go too, but there is no one to watch the younger ones. It is so so so sad, but this boy was such a GOOD kid, zealous for God. There is no doubt he is in heaven with God.

I will charge my camera batteries tonight and maybe put pictures up here again...I know my blog has been boring lately, but life gets busy and I think of all these things to write, then when I sit down I forget.

1 comment:

AUTISMOMMA said...

Glad you all got to go to the amusement parke!!!

And....Your blog is NEVER boring!