summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

no more pencils, no more books!

Kathryn Grace is a lucky girl....look at this small child she has to play with....Miss Charlotte Claire. Oh, the poor kids....growing up with so many brothers and sisters....

Margaret gave Jonathan a nice piggy back ride....poor Jonathan, number 14 out of 16 kids....he MUST be somewhat neglected....


Camille Anaya with Kathryn....No, I cannot even joke about her not getting enough attention. She is spoiled to the max!






















Margaret and Kathryn....Marg was born on December 22.....fifteen months and one day later, on March 23, Kap was born. (Evelyn came 17 months later, on August 21st, Suzanne 18 months later on February 23, and then 14 months later came Sonja K, on May 3rd.) Now Margaret is 13, Kathryn 12, Evelyn will turn 11 this August, Suzanne is 9, and Sonja is 8. My five girls in five years. Then Mr. Jonathan, then two more girls......I would love to have baby boy twins for him....anyway, today was the last day of school....we spent most of it in and by the pool. We did have an afternoon break in the house for snacks, they made themselves iced coffee and iced tea, and had cookies and grapes and juice and chips.....then, back to the pool.
My friend/sister-in-law Kim came over with 6 of her 12 kids, and stayed for a good bit of the day. So it was a pool party. Emily was over, and it was quite pleasant. And very warm and humid and sunny. If we didn't have a pool, I wouldn't want to be out in it.
Mirielle was going to leave tomorrow for Toronto....and I said I just knew I would cry....but then she found out she isn't needed until Monday!!! I feel like I was given a million bucks, a few more summer days with Mirielle. Emily had requested a family trip to the beach in the next few days, and now Mirielle gets to go with us! I have nothing to complain about ever....have you ever felt so happy and blessed, that you said that? Until the next thing that comes along that displeases you, anyway...then you forget ALL about that happiness.....
My dear mother-in-law came over this morning. I am certain she doesn't for the life of her understand why our house looks the way it does...it was cleaned up and all, but there is the new window that Paul put in....wait, that was over a year ago!...and no trim around it yet, just raw sheetrock...and it isn't even on the phantom "to do" list. We do not have a real one, but maybe we should. Anyway, we have a huge hole in one of the kitchen screens, which we tried to tape, but it has just ripped more...that has to be replaced. She probably wonders why we just don't do these things...well, so do I, but....only when someone comes over, and I notice them.
Tonight I went to an excellent sisters' meeting. Very fun and warm and encouraging. I read chapter seven of Romans this morning, and then we talked tonight about doing the good and finding the evil present, "in me, the one who longs to do good"....it is a good chapter, read it, and eight, too. If I am honest and awake, and willing to listen to God, I will easily see this is true, that no matter what I do, there is evil in me...selfishness, or honor seeking. When I can acknowledge these things, then God can work in me. It doesn't matter about being right or about having the last word, what matters is that I can be saved! It doesn't matter if people like me, I just need to partake of salvation, to get oil in my lamp in my situations. God sees my heart, it matters not in the least what people think of me. One thing that was mentioned tonight was the "generation gap"....but there scarcely is one in our church...the younger ones and the older ones have good fellowship, and get along well.
Emily and I are closer in age than her and Camille are...ha, her and I are only nineteen years apart, and she and Camille are 23 years apart....actually, her and Jonathan are the same distance apart as her and I...just random facts....








No comments: