summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 7, 2010

oh dear, monday again....

Last night as I got ready for bed, I thought, "the start of a new week again already, sigh...." The weekends go way too fast. Then I thought, "if I should be so lucky!" Our days are numbered, there is no time to sigh about Mondays.

Yesterday was a lovely day, rainy and chilly and a good day for the grocery store. I picked up Kim, my sister-in-law, and we brought her Olivia and my Evelyn. They pushed a cart and went and got important things for us, and they got to go to McDonalds and get fries and sweet tea.

Evelyn missed the bus today. She just didn't seem to believe me that she had to HURRY. She has missed too much school, I think she likes being with me....I told her to wake up Mirielle for a ride to school, but she hasn't done so yet. She seems to be taking that as a personal insult...wah, Mommy wants to send me to school!

Mirielle has a dentist appointment in the small city this morning, then soon after Camille has to see the orthopaedic dr. to check on her leg, probably an x-ray. We are going together because we want to and it is more practical. I am going to miss Miss Mirielle so much this summer. (Evelyn is no dummy, she probably heard us talking last night, and she wants to go too.)

My best deal yesterday at the grocery store:

The store doubles coupons up to a dollar. But in the newspaper there were three coupons that allowed one to double any coupon up to three dollars. So I bought Mirielle some of her favorite conditioner, regularly $7.99, on sale for $4, a two dollar coupon doubled, FREE. It was fun bringing it home and having her guess how much I paid for it. Yes, I am a loser.

We are going camping!! We are going in August, when the lake is warmer, the nights are warm.... Yay! We never went last year...so it is exciting. I reserved the spot last night, Evelyn was my helper in choosing the site, and when I hit the RESERVE NOW button, we clapped and shouted, and when the screen said, YOUR RESERVATIONS ARE COMPLETE, we were idiots. Deep down I know that camping, for the mommy, is WORK, but I am letting myself forget that little detail for a while, and just reveling in the fun of WE ARE GOING CAMPING!!!

Our camper is parked at our church conference center, not too far from here, and I promised the kids we would go over there when school ends and camp for a few days. It needs cleaning out, I haven't done it yet this spring. It hasn't been towed out of the site for two years, I hope everything works all right. It is quite an undertaking to haul it, it is 35 feet long, and our van is pretty big...we are as big as a tractor trailer.....wonderful gas mileage, I am sure.

My kids set up a store last night in the living room. They have three or four cash registers, and they made a whole pile of money, and receipts. They got out bags and had themselves some shopping expeditions. Charlotte Claire is still playing, I just gave her my BigLots Rewards card to play with because she "needs a credit card". She has my end table pulled out from the wall, and is "working" behind it.

It is beautiful outside today, sunny and cool, the high is seventy two. Perfect weather for being outside without being too hot. I wish we didn't have appointments today. But if wishes were fishes we'd eat them on dishes....

Well, seeing that my mother-in-law has come over at around 9:30 for the last few weeks on Monday, except last week Tuesday because of Memorial Day, I would be smart to pick up some things around here. It is amazing what a 15 minute pick up will do. (not to mention what it will do to my back and my knees....)

No comments: