summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

oh, the list of Jon's woes...

1. His floor is changing everytime he looks at it....

2. His ear is beating like his heart.

3. His belly hurts and stuff.

These are the reasons why he did not get up out of bed until after the bus drove away.

Suzanne did not go because her teacher threw up yesterday, and went home. Suze did not eat dinner last night, and has had a tummy ache. hmm.

Evelyn was like a train wreck this morning. She was not amused that Sonja went in her room to wake her up and told her that she had TEN MINUTES 'til the bus came. She came running into the living room, looked at the clock, and had a little stomp for herself. Then she proceeded to waste the half hour that she actually had, by complaining about what Sonja did, and whining that she had something in her eye. She also said that she would lose her part in the school play if she missed any more school, and that she hates the play and wants to lose her part. So it was pretty much a miracle that SHE got on the bus this morning.

The older kids all went....I have to call the dr. again about Mali's hip. It is still hurting her, even more, and it has been almost a month. The dr. thought the muscle might have come away from the bone, ouch. But she is a runner, and I mean 5, 6, 7 miles a day, and this is almost killing her. She does other excercise, but she wants to run. In my mind, things like this happen for a reason, maybe God is trying to show her something. But there are times for a mom to keep her mouth shut, and I am thinking this might be one of them.

Well, would you believe that Jonathan seems happy and healthy and is hopping around? He is singing and playing with a toy Shrek guy. hmm.

Well, I am proud of myself. Yesterday, I decided that I can sit around and whine about the house all I want, but I need to suffer big time if I want things to change. So yesterday, I suffered. I started in my bathroom. After that was clean and shiny and void of the pile of clothes I don't wear anymore, but might want to someday.....I cleaned my room. I vacuumed and shined the windows and washed the sills and dusted and put away piles and went through my dresser drawers and threw away things like turtlenecks and those button down skirts and long knit dresses I used to wear like twenty years ago. I vacuumed out the drawers, and put the clothes that were piled on TOP of the dresser in there....except for the ones that were dusty and wrinkled....I now have a huge pile of clothes to wash. Do I need all these clothes? Hmm.

After Paul saw our room all clean and sparkly, he said, "Now you just have to get rid of those carriages in there." WHAT??? I have a big old lavender Simo pram, with the big white wheels....I am planning on keeping that in case I have any grand children. Paul bought that at a yard sale when Joseph was a baby, I blame him for my stroller/pram obsession. My next eleven babies slept in that pram. I also have a pram bed on top of his dresser, and a brand new Inglesina Zippy pram bed, that I really hoped I would use some day, it snaps on to the Zippy stroller, and on to the big bouncy Inglesina frame.....I also have the regular Inglesina carriage seat in there, and my nice Fisher-Price car seat with the shoulder strap. Those things WILL go one of these days, but.....ouch.

Now I want to get Charlotte Claire's room cleaned up again, and the three other youngster's room.....so that we can just maintain during the summer....ha, I am a dreamer. I thought maybe I would try to do both of those rooms today, but ouch, my back is sore from all I did yesterday. Because yesterday I didn't just clean my room, I swept the living room and kitchen and cleaned up things and put away most of the clothes monster on the couch. And there were two little girls in here to take care of too. Miss Camille is walking around on her cast now, there is no stopping her. She is absolutely adorable. She stands there and says, "I can walk on my CAST!"

Suze just gave Charlotte Claire a shower, because she "Peed through, Mommy!" Great, more bedding to wash. She needed a shower anyway because Sonja put barbecue sauce in her hair last night, but for a good reason, she was putting her bread on Sonja's plate. Not a lot of barbecue sauce, or I would have washed her hair last night. Just a little lump, which I washed with the cloth. But the thought of it, yuck. Barbecue sauce is one of those things that is fine to eat with chicken, but to smell it in a child's hair...blah.

I have clothes to take out of the dryer and more to go into the dryer, and a whole pile fighting for a turn in the washer...hmm, towels? Darks? Socks? Oh yeah, duh, Charlotte Claire's bedding.

Today I am glad for a rainy cloudy day. Because yesterday was all sunny with some fair-weather clouds floating by.....I DID take a few breaks out in the sun on the deck, but it was hard to get back to work.

Everyone knows the story about Martha and Mary, in the bible. Martha was serving but she was worried and anxious about so many things. Just doing things will not get us into heaven. It is the cleansing that goes on inside me that is of importance. It is okay to have a goal, like getting the place in shape, but....the most important goal is to be saved in it all. To be awake to what God is saying to me, and to be faithful in my thoughts.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

HA!!! Wow I could have written that post...well except for the prams part:) I'm not obsessed with um:)