summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 5, 2010

truth...

1. I need to get into better shape. Why can't I seem to do this? Could it be the cookies I ate instead of lunch yesterday? Could it be because Benjamin brought home three pizzas tonight from work, and I didn't want to hurt his feelings by not having a yummy slice of pepperoni?

2. I need to get moving more, more excercise, more walks. Why can I not do this? Is it because I always think of something more important, or do I just hate to suffer?

3. I walk away from messes much to easily. I know I have organizing around here to do, but ask me to go on an adventure, and I am outta here.

4. I feel sorry for myself to easily. Just look at me wrong, and I feel bad. Don't invite me to something, and wah.

5. The other day I cleaned furiously because my mother-in-law was coming over...as soon as she left, I relaxed.

6. The clothes pile on my couch is winning because I just plain don't wanna play anymore....

7. I love washing towels, good thing, because I do it every day.

8. I vow almost every night that I will be much more careful tomorrow about what I eat, and I will go for a walk...

9. I want to write childrens' books with my son Joseph as the illustrator.

10. In theory, I don't care what people think about me, but ouch...it is IN there.

11. I love Paul more and more and more, yet I am still convinced every month or so that he doesn't even like me. I know he really does, but...

12. I sit in the sun all the time, putting sunscreen only on my nose.

13. My boys get away with more than my girls. (they put hot sauce on Rosie's nose today. I did not think that was funny)

14. Rosie went in the pool with me this afternoon. She is a terrible swimmer, and she drinks the pool water.

15. I am more like my mother than I care to admit.

And now I am texting back and forth with Mirielle who is camping near the Atlantic ocean, I am going to check the forecast for her.....

5 comments:

FLmom7 said...

I always like your honesty:)

mommeeof10 said...

It's my own fault I do not exercise. I could go for walks more. I could walk around the building when I take my lunch. Though I would rather pump then, to keep at least 8 ounces a day available for Rosalie at home. I add some exercise to my day by parking farther away from my office. But I could do more.

Martha said...

This post made me smile. (Did you see the crabby looking child on my blog? That is how I have been feeling, though I hope I have not let it show quite like that.)

Towels are fun to wash because they are so easy to fold. Nice neat pile with such little effort. Yes, I love washing towels too.

Lately I just feel too tired to do much of anything. Where did I leave my motivation?

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha, your motivation obviously got together with mine and took off somewhere...

Virginia Revoir said...

I love your honesty because I'm the same way about a lot of thing you say!!! LOL

Your laundry is always on your couch. Mine is always in my bedroom. Hard to keep up sometimes.

I'm an adventure person too and I easily drop work to go play. I have to really buckle down sometimes and just make myself work. I get behind and then I have to play catch up.