summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, June 27, 2010

where is my camera?

The VeggieTales have a song, "Where Is My Hairbrush", which I sing quite frequently, sometimes substituting things like "camera" or "phone".....I would say "van keys" too, but honestly, when I can't find those, I am usually not singing. Anyway, today I found the camera that I couldn't find at the beach, the camera I KNEW I put in that diaper bag. It was there all along, in a zipped compartment. I hid it so well, I hid it from myself. (the beach pictures were courtesy of Mirielle's camera)...anyway, right now Miss Camille is sleeping on the couch...she has two little pony tails, and she is sleeping sitting up with her head resting on her hand....it is absolutely adorable, she looks like she couldn't possibly be so stubborn about which spoon she eats her cereal with. Anyway, I found my camera, and WHAT??? No camera card!? A few of the girls, including the main suspect, whom I will not name, are not home right now. So I came up with a plan. I told the kids that whoever finds the card gets a $5 reward, to be payed by the person who took it from the camera....hmm....the problem here is that NOBODY probably took it, so NOBODY will probably pay the reward. NOBODY has any money, anyway....

So, it is very hot here in New York State. Hot and muggy, sticky, sweaty. Yucky...well, there is a teeny breeze. It is a fine day to sit here in my chair with my feet up, with a sleeping Charlotte Claire on the arm, leaning on me. The whole-house fan is on, which doesn't really seem to cool it down very much, but the hum is sleepy.

It is the kind of day in which no work should be done, because one gets too hot and sweaty. I made a nice lunch for the kids today, seasoned strips of chicken breast, mixed veggies, and pasta with butter and garlic. And fresh fruit. I plan on giving them peanut butter and jam for dinner.

I miss my boys. Joseph is in the Adirondacks for the weekend, and Aaron and Sam are in Norway. This morning when we were getting ready for church, I just had this sudden memory of the boys being little and playing in the morning, and having to get them to stop playing and get dressed in their nice Sunday clothes. I know how cliche' it is, saying how quickly time passes, but it seems like they have just slipped through my fingers....like they are growing up and away from me faster and faster....when they were all little, I remember moms telling me that it goes by quickly, and before I knew it they would be growing up, and I never believed them. I thought I would be having babies forever, I think. And to be the mother of a 25 year old woman? How can that possibly be? I know I loved all of my kids with all of my heart, and that I took the time to hug them and play with them, but if I had only KNOWN how quickly it was going to go by, I would have done so ten times more. A hundred times more.

Suzanne and Sonja are having a good old time with walkie-talkies, and one of them just ran through and got a message from the other, very loudly, and now Camille's little nap is over....

Oh here I am saying how much I love them and yet I do not want them to wake up yet, because I am enjoying this little break so much...ha.

Last week there was too much rain forecast, most of which didn't materialize, to stay in the camper, so this week we shall try again. Mirielle is leaving tomorrow, so I am thinking I might go to the grocery store tonight for a few things. It seems smarter than bringing them all with me tomorrow....not that that wouldn't be fun, but....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I have "Where is my hairbrush" stuck in my head. LOL We do the same thing when we can't find something.