summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

why do I love summer? let me count the ways...

in no particular order....

1. At the end of the school year, the librarian at school culls the book collection and Sonja K. brought home three, most notably "I Am Not Sleepy And I will Not Go To Bed", by Lauren Child. (she writes the Lola and Charlie books, so cute!)

2. Less socks to match.

3. No schedules....

4. No homework.

5. Barefeet....

6. Cooking on the grill

7. Bedtime? ha.

8. Of course the beach.

9. Those hot afternoons when we are tired from the sun and the pool, and we veg in front of a stupid movie, sometimes with towels hung over the windows to make it dark and thereby seem cool.

10. Eating dinner on the deck, mosquitos and all.

11. The kids having free time to run around and ride their bikes all over the yard and color the driveway with chalk and go under the sprinkler and make tents and forts in the woods and climb the trees....

12. I love open days with no plans or appointments.....those days when we sit around deciding what we should do, the arguing and bickering and finally deciding, then packing up and going....

13. Just the sheer joy of sitting in the blazing sun after getting out of the pool...

14. Popsicles, Italian ice, and freezepops.

15. Hanging the clothes out to dry. Especially the bedding.

I sort of stole this post from Mirielle's facebook post....

Margaret washed and filled the little pool......

Today I thought I was home for the day...ha. Camille's cast started to come unwound at the top, leaving it jagged around her poor thigh. So I took her in to the dr. and got some nice comfy stuff around the top of it....hopefully it will last because if they have to re-cast her leg, I will have to re-pay.

Ben talked to the lady who got her puppydog back from us...apparently her husband went by where she is staying, and stole him back....custody dispute of a poor innocent dog. rrr. It seems he only wants him for spite. The whole thing makes me sad. People get married because they love each other usually. What happens? How does it turn so absolutely hateful?

2 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

Hi! I haven't got to visit your blog in forever. I love the summer days too. The laziness of it. Having to homeschool through the summer kind of ruins it for me though. I used to love when they'd get out of school and I didn't have to worry about homework or anything. :) I'm still gonna take them swimming a lot this summer. We don't have a beach though.

Caroline said...

I love number two :P haha I maches sockes all the time and so ofthe there is so many socks that won't match any of those other sock I have there ...

:)