summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 7, 2010

quiet in here....

Everyone has gone to bed, except for Rosie and I. Today has tired me out sufficiently, but here I sit....

While Mirielle went to the dentist, Evelyn-The-School-Skipper, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I went to Aldi, just for grapes and blueberries and apples and peppers and melons. And sour gummy worms, for the two little girls who have learned that Aldi has sour gummy worms. Camille had to go see the orthopaedic dr. about her leg, she was so cute. The xray technician said she was the best behaved two year old he has ever xrayed. I actually left the room because she was obviously co-operating, and not scared, and who wants extra x-ray exposure? (When I mentioned this tonight, the kids looked at each other and raised eyebrows. No, I am NOT pregnant.) The dr. said she is healing well, but will need the cast on for another two weeks, then he will remove it and check with another x-ray. Hopefully, it will be healed and she won't need another cast. He said the break is very close to the growth plate, so he wants to keep an eye on it, having her come in frequently for the next year. I tried not to think, "ka-ching", but I did anyways.

This afternoon I was so unmotivated, I had Kathryn watch Camille sit play in the little pool while I rested on the couch...I dozed off like three hundred times while the kids came in from school and had snacks and had arguments and asked where we went today and asked if they could have a Danimals crush cup....."because Sonja already had one!"....my head is all stuffed up, my nose is perfectly clear, but my sinuses and ears are aching. Of course when my ears get like that, I get dizzy, and that seems to make me tired...and since I AM a doctor, I know I'll be okay.....

Anyway, I decided to take the kids out with me to clean the camper. Samuel, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. (Aaron and Mali went shopping, and Mirielle was running.) I packed up some chicken and bread and carrots and tato chips for dinner. Evelyn filled a basket with wipes and paper towels and Windex and Fantastic, and got some garbage bags. She brought the vacuum cleaner down to the van, we took Miss Camille out of the pool and dressed her, and off we went.....to clean the camper!!! Our camper is nice, we bought it brand new when Aaron was a baby, he is seventeen now....it has three bunks in the back, and a queen sized bed in a separate room in the front....(Camillle calls it the "elevator" room because the door slides open).....we shined and vacuumed and now the camper looks so nice and new. I brought home some bedding to be washed, and the frame of my bouncy Inglesina pram. I left the Bebecar pram there, Camille is only two, she might want a ride in it.....wah. I have a baby walker in there, I might just give it away to someone. Times are a changin', I guess. I don't really like it, but I am dealing. And I noticed how much easier it is to clean the camper without a nursing baby AND a toddler to keep track of.

So we ate our sandwiches and packed the van with bedding to bring home and wash, and it was home for bed....but wait!!! Emily was here! Fun fun fun!!! She had to tuck them in, of course. It is so nice to see Emily. She is going to try to get a few days off to come up when we are camping.

Well.....my house is a mess, but my camper is clean! The clothes couch....oh my goodness. That is all I can say. That, and I need help! I need to rope a few of the kids into helping me get it all put away, that's all there is to it. The rest of the house doesn't look too terribly bad...except the laundry room floor, and Charlotte Claire's toy room....and the other kids' room...since Evelyn moved in with the bigger girls, it has gone downhill fast. She was the number one room cleaner. Maybe tomorrow I will have tons of energy and my head won't hurt, and I will get this whole place looking like a hundred bucks. And maybe we will win the lottery, too.

5 comments:

16 blessings'mom said...

Ha, I meant A MILLION bucks, but a hundred bucks is probably more accurate....

junglemama said...

LOL it is always something. I can never seem to catch up with housework, laundry, shopping--- ugh I look forward to being able to sleep on the plane. :)

16 blessings'mom said...

Christine, I hope you do get a chance to sleep on the plane, but I am betting you will be too excited!

Martha said...

Right now I'd take a hundred. :)

Are you camping at "the beach"? Maybe I will find you there this year...

Christine will need to bring a pillow for the plane otherwise she will have a headache by the time she arrives in Boston. (And a strap to keep her mouth from dropping open each time she dozes off.)

mommeeof10 said...

I'm almost done with laundry and getting all the winter clothes in bins. I need to get them back into the attic before Ms Rosalie or Samuel (1 and 3) decide to dump the clothes on the floor so they can play in the bins...