summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, July 22, 2010

am I addicted to blogging?

Yes, I think I am!!! It is not my fault! Everytime I write a post, it says on the screen, "Congratulations, your post successfully published!" It is exhilarating!

Well, we are on the Summer Schedule now....stayed up til 2am again, woke up at 9:21....Camille is still sleeping, Jon, Sonja, and Charlotte Claire are up, taking pictures of Rosie with my old camera. Samuel is up, delighting in the nice supply of good cereal. He said that in Norway, the breakfast for him was chocolate spread on bread, since he doesn't like shrimp paste or bitter cheese. He is a funny boy, glad to be home, but he loves his friends over there.

Suze is just getting up, it is after ten am. I love it....today we have zero plans, it is the perfect day weather-wise, sunny and breezy and in the low eighties....a day to hang around and go in the pool and play outside. A day to ignore the housework and that niggling voice in the back of my mind that is telling me that I haven't been to the dr. in a long time, I need a mammogram, I really should go get more Snapple and water and soda and candy for the conference, and I should check the school supply lists before all the cheap stuff is gone, but today I will blissfully enjoy the kids and savor that newness of having the two boys around again. (The other day Camille said, "Aaron doesn't live here anymore, we should get a NEW Aaron, is that a good idea?!!) She was pleased to hear that the same Aaron would indeed be coming home.....

Well, I suppose if I really want this to be a good day, I need to do a few things...

1. Make sure I have a good attitude. If I am going to seek my own and get bothered by everything and everyone, it won't be a good day for the others here....

2. Clean off the counters and do the dishwasher.

3. Throw in a load of towels, at least.

Wait, what will happen if I don't do number 2 and number 3?

3 comments:

Tereza said...

School supply list? ...oh my I completely forgot about that...I'm lucky if I remember what my own name is:):)
yeah..in order to function I have to do 2 and 3 as well:) I say...just do it!!!

Mike and Katie said...

that's so funny about the "congratulations..." that made me laugh.

Martha said...

Addicted to blogging? No, it couldn't be!!!