summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, July 22, 2010

summer day....

This is my gas receipt from this afternoon. I filled up the 15 passenger van for 38 cents!!! I paid with a dollar and got sixty two cents back....it was very fun. The guy who worked there said in all the time he has been there, it was the best deal he saw. The two guys behind me in line were very impressed too. Here is Mr. Jonathan Robert, enjoying my old camera....before he dropped it and broke it.....
And here is my Benjamin Paul, in his new Army shirt....he signed on the dotted line and took the oath, gave his life to the U.S. government.......he is set to ship in November.






Evelyn enjoying the pool....





Just the yard...it was lovely today....






Down the slide into the cold cold water....Camille didn't mind.




Suze, Charlotte Claire, and Camille...I like the bathing suit Miss C.C. has on.






The pear tree....






Awww.....
Evelyn, Charlotte Claire, and I took a trip to the suburbs today to get some of the things I need to buy for our church conference. We bought 17 twelve packs of soda, among other things. We also went into a ladies' clothing store because I had a coupon for $10 off a $25 purchase....I figured if I found something nice for myself, it would be worth spending $15....well, I spent $16, and got a black jean skirt, a yellow short sleeved top, and a red dressy top. It made my day.....until I got my 38 cent fill-up, anyway....
Rosie looks nice today. I spent more time than I care to think about bathing, trimming, and brushing her. She gets matted SO quickly. She doesn't love being groomed, but the way she tolerates it is endearing. One of my favorite things about Rosie is when she just comes over and rests her big fluffy head on my lap.....I do not know if dogs can actually LOVE people, but it seems like she is quite fond of me.
I have been enjoying my life immensely lately. The weather, my kids, my husband.....not that I don't have trials, but there is so much to appreciate! Even going shopping today when I didn't feel like it, I made the most of the time with Evelyn and Charlotte Claire. (in Target, we found sneakers for back to school for three of the girls for $4.24 each pair! We got a kick out of that....)We bought a package of sliced turkey, and had sandwiches in the van in between stores....oat bread, and turkey. That's it. Evelyn said it was the best sandwich she had ever had. I do think she takes after me.....
Tomorrow Paul is leaving the minivan again....Joseph's driving test is coming up quickly, he is taking it in the minivan because the big van...well, he can't take it in the big van....and Mirielle will be in Toronto again with her little car...anyways, we are going to the small city again so he can parallel park and practice stopping and I can practice slamming my foot on my invisible brake, and trying not to say "Oh dear Lord Jesus!" out loud.
I want to get going early in the morning so I can spend the majority of the day here with the kids....










1 comment:

Tereza said...

everything looks lush and green and so fun! I love happy days:) and your deals are awesome!!