summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 18, 2010

wah, what about ME?

Godliness with contentment is great gain. We KNOW this. I know this. Today I need to practice this....because today......

I am home with the kids. I want to be at the wedding. I thought somehow it would work out that I could be there. Yesterday, I spent a good six hours in the kitchen at our conference center, cutting fruit and making grilled chicken kabobs and iced tea and grilled veggies and then of course the cleaning up, serving ice cream and coffee, then more cleaning up....the rehearsal dinner was much enjoyed, I am told. It is great fun to work there in the kitchen, laughing and having fellowship.

We got home around eleven, Mirielle was home, yay, and Emily was visiting. They had had a nice afternoon with the children, and ate dinner out on the deck with them. We stayed up 'til one talking....

So this morning, Paul and Mirielle and Joseph and Mali and Margaret and Evelyn left to go to the wedding....Margaret and Evelyn are guests, who will also serve the food later, and the others are cooking and washing dishes. I would really like to be there in the kitchen too, but we'll see.

Anyway, here is a story I told Sonja K. one day....

Once upon a time there was a little mouse, named Mousie. Mousie wanted a banana. Her mommy hesitated...she did not want to give little Mousie a banana. "No, Lttle Mousie, you cannot have a banana now...." Little Mousie REALLY wanted one, so she persisted....she begged and pleaded...."Please, please, please, I am REALLY hungry. I KNOW we just had lunch, but I am REALLY hungry." So Mama said, "Fine, you can have one." Then, out of the woodwork, came Baby Mousie and Sweetie Mousie and Fluffy Mousie and Skitter Mousie....."A banana! Little Mousie has a banana! I want a banana! Are we having bananas?" So Mama had to put bibs on them all and put them in their booster seats and then wash them all clean and wash up the table.....Little Mousie had long finished her banana.....as Mama finished cleaning up the mess, she asked, "Mama, can I please have a cup of milk? I am REALLY thirsty for a cup of milk....." Now Mama did not really feel like giving Little Mousie a cup of milk, but......

Now when Sonja asks for something between meals, I remind her of the mousies.....

1 comment:

noelle said...

I love how you teach your children through stories. I wish I was as patient.