summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 26, 2010

suzanne is sick now....

At least I think she is. Her temperature is 99.5, and she says her ear hurts. I put some eardrops in, and told her she has to stay out of the pool for a few days...I don't know if it is swimmer's ear, or she has what the other kids had....I hope not, this thing is going to last for months at the slow rate it going through here....

Camille has a gunky nose but she isn't coughing as much, she slept fine last night, so I am going to just wait and see. She seems fine, is in good spirits, happy, ate breakfast well, and is now playing dollhouse with Charlotte Claire.

Kathryn is vacuuming the kitchen, Aaron just took out the garbage...is this my birthday or something? Miss Rosie-the-dog is scared witless of the vacuum cleaner, she usually hides behind my chair, but today she felt safe lying on my feet. I always pet her and tell her it is all right, but i think or rather I KNOW a few of the kids have thought it was funny to tease her with it a bit....rrr.

I miss Mirielle. It is almost worse that she came home for a week then left again. I know that is the natural order of things, they grow up and leave, but ouch. She is like a light around here, shining into the things that are out of order. She is hilariously funny, and we stayed up too late too many nights having too much fun. She wasn't here when I made dinner last night, so I thought I could get away with having corn as a veggie...she proclaimed it is a carb, and not truly a veggie, but Suze picked corn so I just let it be.....then Aaron came along and questioned it....my goodness guys, isn't it supposed to be the other way around, with the mother nagging the teenagers about eating right?

I am going to stay home today, I hope. I was thinking of taking a trip to the big library with everyone, but Suze is not feeling so great, the little girls seem content, Jonathan is playing wii, Kathryn is now mopping the kitchen floor....Aaron is getting a ride to work from a friend, I just need to pick him up at ten pm. Tomorrow, Joseph's driving test......I am not sure if I want him to pass or fail. I feel sorry for the kids when they fail, it has happened....but I feel sorry for ME when they pass. Oh, to have children grow up and get behind the wheel....I say "be careful" 'til it becomes just background noise......and I pray for them....

I am starting to feel more than a wee bit guilty that I, the mother, am sitting here all comfy while Aaron and Kap clean up.....

No comments: