summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 9, 2010

poor kitty died....

My birthday kitty died. She was a sweetie, too. She was purry and cuddly and a little snuggler. She was just so starving, we tried to feed her just a tiny bit at a time, but it might have still been too much. She died this evening in Mali's hands...she took that last big breath, and I just knew....sure enough, that was it. Mali couldn't believe it.....Kitty was so soft and pretty and she just didn't move again....the kids all came over to see, Jonathan was very upset. He got his mud boots on and went out into the rain to help Mali bury her.

I told the kids not to be too sad because at least Kitty didn't die all alone out on the side of the road, she died being loved.

Today I took my big van over to Emily's apartment and picked her up, along with Henriette and Cecile, to go shopping. We brought Mali, Margaret, Kathryn, our friend Bethany, Evelyn, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. Joseph stayed home with Suzanne and Jonathan, to take care of Kitty. I think the most fun of the day was when we gave the boy who worked at McD's a round of applause for taking the sun-unbrellas down when the rain started.....he walked in, and we all started clapping, he bowed and took off his cap.....then as he approached the back of the restaurant, all the employees there started clapping too. It was just a funny and spontaneous thing, and the girls thought it was hysterical. Then the heavens just opened up, and it downpoured. Emily went to get the van that we had so smartly left in the Target parking lot across the way...she pulled up to the door, but by the time they all piled in, they were just soaked....they were laughing like idiots, and asking for soap. Drenched. We decided Charlotte Claire was a prophet, she insisted on bringing her raincoat today.

We went into the grocery store, which was interesting for the two Norwegian girls, they hadn't been in such a big store before, and they do not have coupons in Norway. They also never had a donut before (we bought them some, of course). Kathryn did not feel so well this afternoon though, and I felt bad for her. She didn't eat anything in McD's, and she went straight to the couch with a blanket when we got home.....

Emily managed to buy an ice cream cake without me knowing it. And a nice bouquet of flowers..(Em has to work tomorrow night, so tonight is the night for her to celebrate with me).the kids were very excited to have an unexpected birthday celebration. Em asked if i had a camera, and I told her I left it at the camper....so Paul got out his gift for me...a new camera!!!

Now most of them are tucked into bed, Ben is home from work, Paul, Joseph, and Emily are watching a "Rush" dvd.....and here I am....still 44, until tomorrow, anyways....

4 comments:

Tereza said...

oh no! Oh well I guess the kitty was not meant to be in your family :(
so glad you got a new camera!! Does this mean more pics on your blog?

Mrs Marcos said...

I'm sorry your birthday kitty died, but I am glad you showed compassion and cared for the kitty.

On a completely different note, I love reading about your impromptu adventures!

Robin said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty, that is so sad. Happy belated Birthday, hope your day was great.

cheryl said...

After I got off the phone today, I wondered why you didn't mention your new kitty! I didn't call you back, because your phone had died, of course. I'm sorry, that's so sad. Major tear water tea, though it was good it was shown love before it died, I'm sure that helps. Waaah!