summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 17, 2010

summer saturday...

I got up, got dressed in some fabulous around the house clothes, and took Miss Rosie out for our morning walk. She encourages my spirit with her enthusiasm. It is ALWAYS exciting for her. She is happy and optimistic EVERY morning. Even if it is a day I wouldn't ordinarily consider going out in, her excitement buoys me..is it crazy to say I want to be more like my dog?

I bought Jonathan a set with a shark mask goggles and swim fins. I had forgotten about it in the minivan, and he got it last night after our swim, so he wanted to go back in....the mosquitoes were out and Mommy was too tired. He has been wearing them around here, of course, a constant reminder that we have to GET IN THAT POOL! So I told them if they eat some cereal, I will take them in the pool....no use prolonging Jonathan's agony. Now Abigail is here picking Margaret up, she brought two new swim rings.....so now they ALL want to get out there....

Aww, poor me, I have to go out to the pool with the kids...ha.

Tonight will be fun. Paul and I are going out to our church conference center to cook/serve/clean up the rehearsal dinner for the wedding that takes place tomorrow there. We recieved a family invite to the wedding, but I declined, because Paul and Emily and some of the other older ones are working in the kitchen, ...but now I want to go....so many of our friends will be there...I know that one family won't be bringing all the kids they said "yes" for, so I am thinking it might be okay if I go....they are expecting 350 people....will someone come up to me and say, "You are NOT supposed to be here!"? Probably not, but I will feel like that all day if I go....

Emily and Abigail have girls staying with them this weekend, who came for the wedding. There are also many other girls in town, so I told them they could bring people here for dinner if they want to...the younger kids will all be here, but I won't. I should go to Aldi and get a watermelon and some things to put on the grill.....

And here I sit....Camille slept in really late, she is just getting up...what a sweetie pie! I love that "morning look", it screams HUG ME.....!

Emily is coming over, apparently, and Mirielle is on her way...she texted me this morning. I am finding lately that I realize how it was for my mother when I visited her all those years.....I knew it made her happy, but jeepers, no matter how many kids I have, I am always so excited when they are here.....

1 comment:

Tereza said...

I want to be more like your dog too:):)
Have a wonderful day!