summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

woken up by a tractor trailer full of garbage cans?

Yes, that is the truth. It WAS 9:21, but.....I had a long night, or should I say a short night. I will write about it here, because no one here wants to hear about it.

Mirielle got three library books for me the other day. I am on the third one. The older kids stayed up watching "Dudly Do Right", I wanted a bit of quiet time after the movie ended, so I sprawled out on the couch with my book....around 12:30, I heard crying from my room....Camille was coughing and coughing.....cough medicines for children are no longer recommended, it was mostly post nasal drip, because remember I AM a doctor. So I decided to give her some Benedryl, which would at least help her to sleep. I gave her a very small dose, then she coughed and coughed and threw it up. Great. I didn't want to give her more, because I didn't want to overdose her...so I held her for a while until she relaxed and stopped coughing....then in the wee morning hours, the coughing started again...I didn't give her any more Benedryl, just waited out with her.....it seemed like I just had fallen back to sleep when the dog started barking and barking and barking, and I remembered that the garbage cans that Abigail ordered for the church conference center were coming today! And Rosie was out there.....rrr. By the time I got dressed and brushed my teeth quick, Jon had Rosie inside, and the tractor trailer parked outside showed no sign of life. I slipped on my shoes and went out there, the poor guy was in the back...I told him the dog was inside, so he came out and started unloading.....

Anyway, he said I needed to sign for them, so I stood out there chatting about the weather and where he should turn his truck around while he unloaded ten cans... while Camille serenaded us from her little bed, crying because Mommy walked out without her......(Paul texted me a little while ago, asking if they were the flat topped cans...I told him I wasn't excited enough by them to peek....)

A nice calm start to a nice calm day. Actually, Samuel made me a cup of coffee, a good one, too. He is taking out the garbage, and he is going to play Army men with Jonny. (Jon is so funny, there is a talent show coming up at our summer conference, he is listing his talents...he can close a door with the inside of his elbow, he is good at fixing stuff, and he is really good at driving.....) I guess he doesn't quite know what a "talent show" is....

So I am a bit tired, and thinking I should call the dr for Miss Camille......Joseph's driving test is tomorrow, not today, so today is blank....ha. Wait, Aaron just requested going to the beach...hmm.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I have a helpful tip from my pediatrician to calm a cough. Give Miss Camille a teaspoon of honey three times a day until she is all better and you won't have a repeat of last night. It is a safe natural way to get them over a cold, but for anyone reading this NEVER NEVER give honey to a child under a year old. Their digestive tract can't handle the spores that are in honey. With that being said, Miss Camille isn't a baby anymore and will have no problem with the honey. It has worked so well with all of my kids. I hope she is all better soon.

AUTISMOMMA said...

Have you tried equal parts of lemon juice and honey for Camille? It really can be effective for the coughs.

16 blessings'mom said...

I wish I had read this earlier, we have no honey. Thank you, though, I will get some tomorrow.