summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

six down, ten to go!

Joseph has joined Emily, Abigail, Benjamin, Mirielle, and Aaron as a licensed driver in the state of New York. I feel that I deserve a million bucks instead of the measly sprinkling of new grays it has given me. Just the stress of standing there on the sidewalk wondering and hoping and, by the time they returned to the curb, despairing that I didn't spend more time letting him drive.....but then he gave me the thumbs up, and whew!

We did some shopping, took some more drinks and food out to the conference center, then home...which the kids cleaned while we were gone. Not much can please me more than walking in to swept, mopped floors, clean tables and counters. We put away the milk and bread and pears and apples and spinach and cheese and tortillas and.....into the pool, finally. It was almost or about 90 today, and very humid. One does get used to it a bit, but one doesn't necessarily enjoy it. The only time I don't mind is when I can get in and out of the pool. The other nice thing is the air conditioners are finally back on....it isn't exactly cool in here, but after swimming, it feels nice.

Camille told me that she woke up and wanted me today. I knew she would wonder where I was, and it sort of broke my heart as we drove away from home to the small city. That's one of the hard things about having big kids and little kids, I cannot always bring them all with me.....and there are things I have to do for the big kids, like replace lost social security cards, take permit and driving tests, get running shoes, find bras, things that are not sensible to bring the whole family to. Not that I am sensible....

I actually suggested turning the television on a few minutes ago. Charlotte Claire will lie down on the couch and start watching, and conk out. Camille is almost sleeping too. The don't officially nap, but they have their little "down" time. I should be in that kitchen, but....I have absolutely no idea what is for dinner. I should be fired.

Emily Anne came over last night. She brought the movie, "The Book Of Eli", so we stayed up too late and had too much popcorn, Aaron brought out his yummy almond-y Norwegian chocolate bar....after the movie, some of us stayed up even later, solving all the world's problems.

It is all cloudy here now, a storm is moving through, so it is cozy and nice. Both little girls have conked out. Emily picked up Sonja and Jonathan and took them on an adventure. So it is pleasant and quiet in here. I just wish I already had dinner finished, or at least planned. That little niggling voice is starting to yell at me to get my considerable rear end out of this chair and do some cooking. Last night, we had fresh local sweet corn. I won't waste words saying how good it was, because there aren't sufficient words anyway. The stuff trucked in from Florida or any other place cannot compare with the stuff grown down the road.

Now I shall get up and begin dinner and pretend like I wasn't just sitting in my chair all afternoon....

1 comment:

Darla said...

So I'm not the only one who likes the cozy, cloudy, stormy days! :)

Oh, I just love reading your blog! I had to laugh out loud (or LOL) when I read, "I should be fired." One could only wish, right? Sometimes I wish my family would fire me already and take over that dinner thing!!!! But they don't! :)