summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 24, 2011

cheat day? nah....

I had some frosting last night. Home made butter cream mixed up with a can of chocolate frosting....oh, yum. I only ate a spoonful. Then today after a healthy lunch, I had a half a cupcake. It was good. I enjoyed it. But honestly? I thought of how much walking it takes to burn it off...and was fine not eating the other half. Am I obsessed? I don't think so. I just have a battle to fight. If I am wishy-washy, I am not going to succeed. And I am aware that I go on and on and on about these things. My sister is going to hate me, my kids already say MOM!!!

Oh well. I went for my walk today. I wasnt' going to take Rosie-The-Bad-Dog, the Pulling Dog, the happy enthusiastic energetic dog....but I did. Because before I even reached for those sneakers, she was wagging her whole behind. She knew. Because she heard me say I wasn't going to take her for my W-A-L-K. She knows what O-U-T means, too. So I gave in, like I always do. But lucky for me today Joseph was coming back from a run, and he took Rosie home for me as we passed. I was then able to go back up the Evil Hill a few more times....but Rosie did not like being passed off to Joe. She pulled and tugged and looked back at me like I gave her away instead of just giving her a different escourt home.

We are having ham again today. The one we had the other day was gone by the next day. It was so good, I bought another one. Today's dinner won't be so fancy though. Maybe some basmati rice and broccoli and cantaloupe. (has anyone noticed that I just plain like to eat? It is my curse....)

I have thought on more than one occasion that if I were small and thin and in excellent shape, I would be very happy and have NO trials. I have also thought this about having a huge spacious house with several washers and driers...so I kind of know it is not true.

To have peace at home is worth more than gold. More than being right or having the last word or putting my foot down for once and for all. And now I have lost my train of thought because Mirielle is reading the Sunday paper and is asking if we can have a kid come for the summer for the Fresh Air foundation....Joseph and Aaron missed lunch, so they are eating now. I am trying to assure them there will be dinner, so don't eat too much. The little girls still have their Easter dresses on from church, and they are in their own little world playing princess dolls. I am thinking afternoon coffee.....

No comments: