summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 4, 2011

rainy monday

Rosie doesn't step around mud puddles. Every morning, she is as enthusiastic to go outside as if it were the first time ever. She is not one of those nice calm dogs. I was thinking the other day that if I had gotten a Golden Retriever and put as much time into it's training as I have Rosie, I would actually have a good dog. But I have Rosie, instead. She is a sweetie, though. I love to say things to her that she doesn't understand so she tilts her head...this morning she was a very good girl on her walk, so I gave her the empty peanutbutter jar. It challenges her for a while.

Suzanne asked me this morning what I am going to do today. Well, I said, I think I am going to resist temptation. Not just the usual temptations like Getting The Last Word and Wanting To Be Right, but things like Fruit Loops and Popcorn, and Too Much Of Anything. She said, "THAT'S what you're going to do today??!" Why, what else should I do. Oh, sweep and clean and make dinner....I know, she was wondering if I was going anywhere.

Speaking of dinner...I made a good one last night. I used some of the chicken breast I had frozen in marinade. I roasted that in the oven while I prepared the pot of soup. I do cheat, I used five cans of Campbells Savory Seasoned Cream of Celery soup. I added chopped onion and celery, two pounds of baby carrots, a few pounds of peeled cubed potatoes, and a pound and a half of frozen mixed veggies. Then the cubed roasted chicken, and it is good soup. Pretty healthy, too, so I had seconds. We had cantaloupe with dinner, too.

This morning I am having my new favorite, oatmeal with crunchy peanutbutter in it. It is so yummy, and the peanut butter "holds" me for so much longer.

It is a good thing I like cloudy gloomy weather, or it would be miserable to live here in Central New York state. Spring is just taking it's sweet time this year. The yard is already soggy from the over a hundred inches of snow that melted into it, now it is raining. The kids don't care though. Yesterday they built a lean-to in the woods next to the house. To them, fifty degrees is summer. Flip-flop weather. When it gets that warm, they abandon the house except to run in for drinks and important stuff. Camille came all the way in for a red plastic toy salt shaker yesterday because "we are playing house." Why do you need THAT, though? "Because we are playing house." Okay.

I am thinking to take a few of them to the pool with me again this afternoon. It is interesting to have a new goal. It isn't as much about suffering as I though it would be. I haven't really dieted in years. I have tried to cut back, eat more healthy, but not intentionally try to lose weight. In high school I wanted to look good in my prom dress, so I practically starved myself for a while. I got down to 123, and it felt good. Oh well. But my normal weight was only 128. blah. I was reading a blog last night where the mom goes back to her fitness routine slowly during the babies first weeks. The first week she is walking farther than I do now! But I do not choose to get depressed or discouraged, not yet anyway. I have had the thought,"what if I don't lose a pound?" blah.

I have also had the thought, "what if I get pregnant?" I would be so YAY I couldn't stand it. No worries there. Oh, that would be SCRUMPTIOUS.

Today, couch monster. Perhaps start on the dreaded and procrastinated Laundry Room.

3 comments:

Tereza said...

Have a wonderful day Della! Funny how back in the day at the lowest weight we still felt we needed to loose just a little more:):) thank goodness that imaturity is over!! :)

Sherah said...

I just wanted to say I am SO THANKFUL for your attitude regarding another baby. We just learned we are having baby #8, and I am sooooo sick. It's hard for me to be thankful right now, I am tempted to resent how hard it has made my life, but reading your blog really is like a breath of fresh air and such a good reminder of what a blessing a new baby is!

Mine are all pretty little still, 11 and under, so it's all work....but I am thankful, I really am. =)

mommeeof10 said...

It was so nice here in Virginia yesterday, In the upper 80's, according to the thermometer in my car. However, it was raining all night and is now windy and chilly, in the mid 40's. It was only 53 for a high today.