summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 1, 2011

random things....

1. Five state employees just shared the 319 mega-million jackpot. Millions and millions of dollars each. It did cross my mind that I would love that. But would I really? yes.

2. I am not a good mother...not in the LEGAL sense anyway. I got my kids ready for school this morning, the three youngest. They started telling Bus Stories, which would be enough to make any mother say, "You can just stay home today, kids." I asked them if they just wanted to stay home, and Suze said, "Mom, you can't just let us skip school!" Good girl, has a little sense. I said I would pick them up early to spare them at least the bus ride home. How early?...um, eleven.

3. Last night Mirielle made the most delicious LOOKING chocolate cookies I have ever laid eyes on. (yay for me, right?)

4. I did have three Lindt chocolate truffles with white chocolate filling. So saying NO to the cookies wasn't as heroic as it sounds.

5. I am taking the kids to Aldi when I pick them up today. I will stock up on the apples and bananas and yogurt.

6. When we get home, I am giving them a healthy snack, packing up the swim suits, and taking them to the rec. center pool with Daddy as soon as he gets home.

7. I am making cupcakes for my niece's birthday celebration, which is tomorrow. I should probably bake them tonight.

8. I am also going to the birthday, along with Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Charlotte Claire.

9. After the birthday, a bunch of us are going to the play. Abigail is going with us now, too.

10. I should go make sure there are plenty of clean decent towels for the pool. Yes, I made a joke. Oh my goodness, when we got to the pool the other night, I saw that Sonja had this old beach towel, the white on it all dingy...oh dear. Oh well. See, that 19 million would come in handy.

11. Dinner last night was good. Boneless pork chops that had marinated in lemon/garlic for a day, baked in the oven. And basmati rice baked with a little bit of salt and some lemon-pepper seasoning, and olive oil. Three pounds of broccoli. And the leftover chicken from the night before, spruced up with some barbecue sauce and baked for a bit.

12. There are still cookies out there on that table. I won't even go into the kitchen today. ha. Kids, hurry up and eat them!!!

13. If I had 19 million dollars, I would hire a personal chef, a maid, and a cleaning lady. Oh yes I would. I would still do the shopping though. And I think I would still use coupons. I would get an Endless Pool. They are the coolest things. Small indoor pool with a current to swim against. Yes, and I would put it in the addition. One of the additions. Never mind.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

First of all...if I ever visit you you MUST make the same dinner you had last night!! I'm drooling as I read about it:):)

You've just won the bad mommy award from the schools point of view....and the best mommy award from your kids!

Have a lovely day!