summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 14, 2011

sunny morning...

The kiddos went off to school except for Miss Kathryn, who has a headache still. I am thinking she has sinus pressure, perhaps from allergies. The trees are just starting to bud. I have one of those sinus-y headaches, so it is easy to have mercy on Miss Kap.

I decided to switch my breakfast from oatmeal (extremely high-glycemic index) to scrambled eggs and grapefruit. We shall see.

Yesterday I ventured in and got on that scale, and wanted to hurl it out the window. blah. Same exact weight as last week. How can that be? I always thought, all these years, that as soon as I started suffering, the magic would happen. I have read so many blogs about people excercising and eating right and then holding up pants that look way too huge to ever have fit them. So I started reading about why there is sometimes no weight loss, and now I am more confused than ever. It could be that one cuts calories too much, then the body stores more fat in response. This is more prevalent in older people, over 40, wah. I actually started crying last night. But don't feel sorry for me, it feels good to cry every once in a while. And I am not giving up, no sir. I really really had hoped I would have lost like ten pounds by now, but I am not giving up. I shall keep eating small healthy meals, going to the pool, walking, lifting my little ten pound weights....

Yesterday I did twenty minutes of my hilarious work-out, marching and lifting and swinging my arms....then I went on my walk, dragging poor Rosie up the evil hill - not once, not twice, but THREE times. Then, Evelyn and I met Kim and her daughter at the pool for a nice relaxing swim.

My older kids will be the death of me though. They went to cleaning at church last night, and came home hungry. Joseph made bacon, then chicken, Aaron baked peanutbutter cookies with chocolate chips and craisins....and I had one. How could I not? It was so good. Afterward I thought I should have just taken a bite, but too late. Live and learn.

I need to go shopping today. I need to get Aaron's antibiotic prescription filled for him to take after his surgery. There is a youth conference this weekend at church, and our youth group is selling candy bars. So...I have to go buy 200 candy bars. Plus, we are out of bananas, almost out of apples, running low on eggs, and peanutbutter. Kids keep eating food!

Every morning, I read the local newspaper. This sounds morbid, but the obituaries are my favorite part. The World War II vets are dying daily, they are in their mid eighties. One gentleman I read about this morning had served in France and recieved the Purple Heart. I wish I could have met these guys, talked to them, shook their hand, thanked them. I feel the least I can do is read their obituary.

In the paper also this morning, in the Neighbors section, was Benjamin's name! He was mentioned for completing Basic Combat Training in Oklahoma. Oh, the pride! He also passed his EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) exam this week, which was very exciting. He said it was difficult, and he thought he had failed and when he saw that "Congratulations, you have passed", he was elated. He tried to trick me when he called, but I am not that stupid, I can recognize the joy in his voice even when he was telling me how he failed....

My laundry room is almost in A#1 order. I have done load after load of laundry, I am almost caught up. I have weeded through so many clothes, yet it seems like there are more there because they are organized. YAY!

Tomorrow morning I have to be at the hospital with Aaron by 8:30 am. I need to get some balance bars to take with me. It is supposed to be a nice sunny day...blah. Aaron is such a nice boy though. I don't mind.

Now...laundry...excercise....my two little fleecy-jammied princesses are playing Barbies already...they have their shoe boxes with washcloths in them for doll beds. Cuteness.

6 comments:

Mary Kate said...

I'm going to really encourage you to join Weight Watchers (either online or in person). The plan they give you for eating food allows you to eat everything you want to, it's all about portion control and better choices. 10 years ago, I lost 48lbs on WW, but then went and had 4 more babies! lol But, I am back on the program and I have lost almost 21lbs in 17 weeks. Just check out their website & see what you think. It makes me feel like I'm in control if I have a plan in place.

Moonkidsmomma said...

Eggs and grapefruit would be the better breakfast choice for sure. And 2 egg whites 1 whole egg is what I was recommended , it's good and filling yet less calories and cholesterol .

Try to focus on the success you are seeing like taking the big hill 3 times! That is improvement over your walk just a 2 weeks ago.Focusing on just the weight will drag you down.I understand the frustration but slow and steady weight loss is far more healthy and easier to maintain.

Keep up the good work! I for one enjoy following along on your weight loss journey. Reminds me of the start of my own journey 2 years ago.

Veronica said...

Keep up the hard work you will see results soon! My Endo told me that when you first start excersing that you will see a slight gain before the wieght begins to come off I cant recall why it was that happens. but keep it up youll get there!

Martha said...

Don't give up. You are making healthy choices and that is what will make the difference.

mommeeof10 said...

I would like to exercise, or at least I tell myself I should... On weekends, I walk during my lunch break. I can walk around the E ring in about 23 minutes, so can be back at my desk in half an hour.

Carolyn said...

I am doing weight watchers and I don't find it too difficult; if i really want something I can use my points for it. So far, I have lost 8 pounds in about 7 weeks. As you can tell, I am not starving, but going slowly and having some goodies too!