summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I feel terrible, missed snack day AGAIN

blah. I looked at the snack calendar for Sonja's class this morning. Somehow I thought today was Wednesday the sixth, and I said, "Sonja, you missed your snack day yesterday!" She answered that the teacher never said anything. Well...now it is obvious WHY she never said anything. Today is her snack day. blah.

Congratulations, Sherah!!! Just take life one day at a time! God never ever gives more than we can bear. Those days with little ones and babies are so hard, but if I could go back and do it all over again, I would stress even less over the house, and enjoy those little ones even more.

Okay - I should be skinny by now. This weight loss/excercise thing takes way too long. We saw the Willie Wonka play the other night, and Veruka sang, "I want the whole world...and I want it NOW!" Instant gratification. Instant results, that is what I want. Each and every day, I have to deny myself, limit myself about a hundred times. And to go on my walk, I have to practically threaten myself. It isn't like Oh Goody, A Walk!! I get to sweat and huff! But it is the same with everyday life, there has to be a goal, or it won't work. I have to believe in the goal, and trust that I can make it work. Sometimes when I am tempted to have something that I know I don't need, I will think about riding that bike. "Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy set before Him, endured the cross...."(heb. 12) Yes, the spiritual life is the same. When we have a vision, then the trials are not drudgery. We willingly suffer rather than sin.

All the time I have been writing this, I have been tortured by the thought of sweet little Sonja in school with no snack for her class AGAIN. I am not certain if I am tortured more for her sake, or for my own pride. I am thinking that by the time I packed these guys up, went to the store and bought a snack, brought them and the snack into the school, it would be too late. I could wake up Mirielle to watch them, but Tuesday is her day off. Her day to sleep in. blah.

Bad Mom Award.

To top it off, Jonathan is home today. Because I overslept. Probably from all that excercise yesterday. I woke up at eight o'clock!!! I hurried out of bed, just kidding, I struggled out of bed, every muscle in my body protesting, and woke them up. It was snowing out like crazy, what a nice day to just keep them home....but no, they can't just miss school for no reason...so I hurried them and encouraged them and somehow they made it. But not Jonathan. He gets so upset when the routine is different, he cried and couldn't make it work. He just couldn't stop crying, worried that he wouldn't make it in time. I told him it was okay, he could stay home. Maybe I am a fool, ha -probably, but I cannot send a boy out the door in tears. Besides, could school possibly be as fun as playing MarioCart with Charlotte Claire?

Our house is doing a Protest. The refridgerator is leaking all over the floor sporadically. The dryer is running very slow...(so am I, as I haven't gotten in there to clean yet..eeks, blah, I don' t want to!), and the hot water heater is dying. Paul has spent far too many hours trying to fix it, and we still have cold to lukewarm water. So today he is getting a new one. Yay for hot water again! No wonder we never get any improvements done around here, we are too busy fixing what breaks. So we sort of stay even.

We have a half gallon of milk, no bananas or apples....I have to go to the store. I am thinking Aldi. The fresh produce isn't always great, but the prices are good. I get frozen orange juice there, and their yogurt is good and cheap. Should I pack up all of these guys, or wait until the kids get home from school and go when I take Sam for his new sneakers? The bigger kids are like, "The grocery store too? Are you kidding?" As if they didn't eat up all the food. Oh well. You can please some of the people some of the time....

2 comments:

Darla said...

Fun to hear that you're doing this trying-to-eat-right-and-exercise-and-it's-torture too...I just started with the eat-right part this weekend...the exercise is soon to follow...I HOPE! :)

Unknown said...

You are doing so well with your excersise! Keep it up and you will see results!! It's so important for parents to take care of themselves. my hubby does while I am in a cycle of pregnant and nursing.. But every couple years I get to run a bit before the next pregnancy:)
I read that blog too about the Mama and her postpartum get fit plan, so not me!!! I am blessed to be a slim person but as my sister reminds me getting moving is still important for us all!!
Anyway, rooting for you!!!
Lara in Hawaii