summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 3, 2011

lovely afternoon

It is nice here in central New York state...52 degrees, partly sunny, oh so nice. I peeked at the forecast for the week, and blah, today is another one of those isolated nice days we get here, hemmed in on both sides by snow, or as we head in to spring, rain. Yesterday was nice too, although I wasn't able to get out in in much.

The forecast: 90% chance of rain for tomorrow. It won't be as nice as it is today until next Saturday.

I went on my walk today. Imagine my surprise as I approached the evil hill and: Rosie-The-Bad-Dog came trotting up to greet me! She was very distraught when I left, she saw me put the sneakers on, and her hopes were UP. Then, I closed the door behind me...I heard her whimpering was I went down the deck steps. Blah. Guilt for leaving the kids is enough, thank you. Anyway, Mirielle went to check on the clothes she was drying on the deck, and Rosie bolted. Samuel came all the way down the road to get her. She wouldn't go with him because I was going the other way...so I graciously gave up the hike on the evil hill and went homeward with Sam and Rosie...but when he brought her in the house, I continued down the road the other way, and took the wimpier hill. I still feel good that I took my walk.

I think funny thoughts sometime. Today's funny thought: maybe God had Rosie escape so I wouldn't go up that hill because I surely would have had The Heart Attack today. I don't put much stock in these funny thoughts, but they do flit across my mind.

I am resting after my strenuous walk, I am wimpier than the hill I took. The kids are all outside, so I am going to join them....

Happy is what I am today. I cannot explain it, but after all these years I am finally dedicated to getting into better shape, and it is exciting. It isn't impossible to deny myself. I brought the beautiful yellow frosted cake that Margaret made, to church today and shared if after lunch. I took just a taste, and that was good enough. well...more would have been yummy, but it didn't kill me. I just have this big focus, finally, mainly because of my health. I want to live to see those grandchildren...and I have a few other goals...

1. I want to ride a bike again. No, I am not kidding.

2. I want to run. I have dreams of running down the beach like I did when I was growing up. I don't think I will be able to do the front handsprings or back-walkovers again, but still, running sounds good.

A cup of coffee sounds good right now...and of course a stack of cookies....but not today. I shall not have cookies today.

6 comments:

Martha said...

I have not managed to get outside... yet. I came home from church tired and hungry so I ate and took a nap. Now My Darling is watching "National Treasure" with the kids and I have no one to traipse through the orchard with. My three-legged do is too old and decrepit to be my walking companion now, and besides, I think she went to Martin's house while we were gone to church. I could at least take my camera out int he yard, I suppose...

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha, are you saying you want a sheepdog? I haven't been taking her on my walks because she stops to smell everything, and walks too fast up the evil hill. Perhaps when I get in better shape I will be more patient of her antics. None of my girls would go with me today, wah. (the nap sounds lovely though!)

Tereza said...

You have some wonderful goals!!!! Those are good reasons to get in shape!

Carolyn said...

Yea! You walked again! Give yourself double credit!!

FLmom7 said...

Good for you for taking care of yourself so you will be alive and active and healthy for your grandbabies (and great-grands too!).

Martha said...

I decided on a solitary orchard walk last night. Not something I find too brilliant in this day and age, but I needed it for more reasons than one. I didn't go far. I don't think a sheepdog is quite the breed I would choose. Sofie is like a miniature one and I just gave her a bath and haircut today. It took me over two hours and then I gave up. I never get her toenails cut. I think I will have to ask the vet to do that next time I go. They are so long the get crossed once in a while and then she limps around until I uncross them. Maybe I should just pack a gun... (haha, just kidding)