summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 30, 2011

how could I not write about saturday?

Especially when it was a sunny gorgeous day like today. I swept and mopped and did some laundry...but then I got outside. First my walk. It was cool enough with the breeze, but sunshine-y and oh, so nice. Rosie escaped the deck and came barrelling after me as i tried to sneak away without her. I brought her back, into the house, into her cage. Three times up the hill today.

Sat on the deck, basking. Aaron was out there for a while chatting and doing homework. Mirielle basked with me. The little girls played with their princess dolls. The bigger girls played in the woods. Sonja had three girls overnight for her birthday, they played outside for most of the day. We took a break for pizza pockets and Sunchips(not me, I had a salad with chicken) and angelfood cake with strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream.

Jonathan got to spend the night at Abigail's last night. It is his birthday today, but we are celebrating it tomorrow. I gave him his new scooter today though. Ab gave him a spiffy new bike helmet, so he had a good time cruising around the driveway.

Rosie-The-Bad-Dog had to have another bath today, since she got into something very stinky. She is more work than all the kids put together. But she loves me. I cannot turn around without her turning around too.

I made three pizzas for dinner tonight, since Sam is at his friend's house, Mirielle and Joe and Aaron are working at the dome. And Ashley is working tonight. I also made a huge pasta salad for tomorrow to go with our salt potatoes, hot dogs and coneys, and chips. Mali baked two cakes, a lemon and a strawberry. She is going to frost them, too.

I was thinking today how much easier it would be to "eat clean", which is the politically correct way to say Stick To My Diet (diets are BAD. Lifestyle Change is GOOD)...anyway, I was thinking it would be so much easier if I just lived by myself and bought and served only things I want to eat. But alas, it just ain't that way. I am building character, I suppose. If I lost a pound for everytime I denied myself something good, I would be invisible by now. Klondike bars, chips, pizza pockets, pizza....blah.

I do buy alot less junk than I used to. And more fruits and veggies. The kids will be healthier too, in the long run.

I am now going to have a Toasted Coconut light yogurt....

3 comments:

Martha said...

You should come over for a salad.

Martha said...

PS. Happy Birthday to Jonathan! I'm so glad he got sunshine for his birthday because I enjoyed an orchard walk with Hannah this afternoon. :)

mommeeof10 said...

Hubby insists there is nothing good/healthy to eat. However, he is the one that does most of the grocery shopping.