summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 17, 2011

random things....

1. The receptionist in the surgeon's office was retiring. It was her last day at work. She had big plans. Somehow it made me sad.

2. It is 43 degrees, very chilly and windy. Not fun to be outside...but if we had a day like this in January, I would be pushing the kids out the door.

3. We are running out of eggs and bread.

4. Aaron is feeling a bit better but his nose is still bruised and swollen.

5. I cannot find my slippers. So I have one red one on and one brown one on. I wouldn't mind, but one has a bit of a heel and one doesn't....

6. I ate oatmeal with peanutbutter this morning because I like it so much better than eggs.

7. We went to the big library yesterday. I had a ten dollar fine from back in the winter...blah. And of all the thousands of books there, I picked one randomly off the shelf...after starting to read it I realized I have read it before!

8. The girls watched the Barbie Sing-Along twice already.

9. Last evening, they watched Beauty and The Beast AND Tangled.

10. I miss Paul. I dream about him ever single night. I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder.

11. After reading some national news, I am thinking our weather isn't all that awful. Toronadoes and drought and wild fires and torrential rain.

12. I am considering just packing up all these kids and going shopping with them rather than wait 'til the older kids get home and going by myself. Am I crazy? I mean in THIS sense, not in general.

13. One time several years ago we went camping in the Adirondacks for a week. It was rainy and chilly the whole week. My sister and her husband and their seven daughters came to visit us. The kids went absolutely wild in the camper while we sat out under the awning. I don't think they could have had more fun....

14. I would like to go for my walk but Aaron is sleeping and there is no one here old enough to watch the little ones....

15. Dollhousestuff is spreading across the room again as they set up their kingdoms. There are also two huge firetrucks and some Hess trucks.

16. Suzanne learned how to do a front-walkover.

17. Rosie likes to be near me. She is big and clumsy and she knocks into me when I am walking, and follows me everywhere. She is not allowed down the hall, but if I go down to my room, she waits for me in the hall. When I get out of my chair and go to the kitchen, she is right there. She follows me around the kitchen, everywhere. If I sit on the couch, she lies on the floor at my feet.

18. The sub from Subway was as yummy as I anticipated. I had half for lunch and half for dinner. I haven't been eating bread or simple carbs, but...calorie wise it wasn't too destructive. 580 for the whole thing.

19. I would really like some fresh deep fried haddock.

20. It takes way too much patience to be a mom. And to lose weight.

21. I stayed up 'til almost two talking to Mirielle and Margaret last night.

22. Suzanne likes to cook now. She wants to make fried potatoes.

23. Suze has nowhere to do gymnastics.

Time to get moving....

2 comments:

mommeeof10 said...

We had torential thunderstorms, hail and tornados in VA yesterday. Today it is breezy and in the low 60's. I like that it is warm enough for the kids to play outside most days. But it would be nicer if they and the dogs did not track mud into the house constantly.

Deb said...

Sounds like you are really hanging in there with your weight...keep up the good work. I know it is hard. However, I found that when I lost 15 pounds a few years ago, my energy level was much higher overall. I've managed to keep it off since then by being careful if I go up even a few pounds.

I'm with you on the Cadbury eggs, though! I haven't touched one yet. My kids are all older so this year I am envisioning one big Easter basket on Easter Sunday with the requirement that they take it all with them at the end of the day.