summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 16, 2011

why?

Why is the weather so horrible now that the kids are on vacation? 50mph winds today and rain. Rain all week. I have decided that after the winds diminish, and it is just plain rainy, we shall embrace the rain and go on adventures with our umbrellas.

Why does Mirielle make chocolate cookies?

Why do I miss Paul so much? I keep dreaming about him....

Why do I like excercising now?

Why do my kids get so sick of hearing about my new enthusiasm? (I over-heard one of them say last night that "Mom has weight-loss Aspergers".)...seriously, no offense to anyone - our Samuel definetly has high-functioning Aspergers, and when he is interested in something, he is totally obsessed.....

Anyway....today is Saturday. I am home with Aaron, who seems to be doing better. Paul is still in Boston, and the older kids left for the youth meeting. Finally. The boys were teasing Mirielle for making them late. Sam said she said, "it's not MY fault it is cloudy and I couldn't read my sundial." Anyway, they got their act together and left. I made eggs and bacon and coffee and cut up cantaloupe...Suzanne made French Toast.

The kitchen needs to be cleaned up, and I have stuff in the washer and dryer. The living room is messy. But today we shall go on an adventure. I am thinking the Big Library and of course Subway, for the buy one get one frees.

We are in no hurry. Suzanne is making another batch of French Toast for Evelyn and their cousin Olivia. Jon is deciding what he wants to get with his birthday money. I showed him videos of the space shuttle that exploded in 1986 because he was playing with his Hess spaceshuttle. A million questions from Jonny....

Camille is cuddled up to me, still in her jammies. Rosie is lying at my feet. She was confused when Aaron was in my chair....she ran over and then turned around and spotted me sitting on the couch....She is my shadow.

Sonja broke a bowl this morning. Mirielle broke a gallon of milk late last night. She dropped it, it broke open, she put the rest in a pitcher and a few travel mugs....

Oh well....the natives are getting restless.

2 comments:

Kathyb1960 said...

Why is a good question. I live in West Texas, and we have not had rain in many, many months. We need rain desperately, and tomorrow all the churches will have a special prayer time that we get some rain. We have wildfires breaking out all over the place...one was started by a workman flicking his cigarette on the ground, and then whooosshhhh...off the fire went. Mainly because we have had such high winds, w/ gusts over 50 mph!

So, WHY is a good question...WHY haven't we gotten any rain? We really need it! So will everyone please pray that all of Texas that is in the extreme drought get lots of nice rain soon...no lightening! And will ya'll join us tomorrow in praying especially for rain! I know God hears all His children, but especially the little ones, so do ya think maybe Charlotte Claire and Camille could also pray, too? <> Thanks so much!

I know you can lose weight! I did it but then I gained it back, but I'm trying to get motivated to want to want to! Know what I mean?

16 blessings'mom said...

Kathy, they are already praying. They are praying "please!". I shall pray too.