summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 9, 2011

short story...

Last year, I bought myself a pair of shorts. I thought they would be nice to wear over my bathing suit. I couldn't get them on. So I decided to return them to the store. I never did. I found them the other day, still tags on. They fit. I do not look wonderful in them, far from it, but I got them on. YAY! Then, I found out Ashley has had a scale all this time...so I weighed myself the other day...I lost four pounds. I thought I had lost at LEAST ten. If not twenty. I am sort of kidding, but this is really a slow process. I want it NOW!

And of course we all know that muscle weighs more than fat.

Today is Day Eleven of torture and suffering. And hope and thankfulness.

Funny story. Yesterday when we were shopping, one of the girls lost my WIC card and three WIC checks. We asked at the service desk, no one had turned them in. We put a few of the things back, and since the line was really long at the desk, I decided to just call later to see if anyone found them. Well....later in the evening, my sister called and asked me if I lost my children. What??! Charlotte Claire and Camille? No....they are on the couch watching, "MegaMind", why? "Because I am in the grocery store and on the intercom they asked if Charlotte Claire or Camille W. could come to the front of the store." Oh! They must have found my checks! Cheryl thought I had lost the girls. It was so funny.

Today the kids are playing with their Zhu-Zhu pets. They are connecting the plastic houses together all across the living room. Saturday is stretched before them, time to play and relax. Emily came over last night for a while last night, and mentioned she might take them on an outing today. She likes taking them to the playground and on adventures.

I think I shall go on my walk before it gets warm today. It is supposed to go up to sixty today. What a nice day for Paul's birthday.

4 comments:

_ said...

What a nice surprise with the shorts. Congrats on the weight loss! Too funny about the lost children. ;) Glad they found your checks. Enjoy the day...rain and kind of blah here. Hope it clears up soon.

cheryl said...

Claire picked up the checks at the desk, no problem. When I called you asking if you'd lost your children.. I thought I was going to faint.. how could both Camille and Charlotte go missing??? I'm so glad you answered and cleared it up.. When you said you were sitting in your living room with them, I thought for more than a second that I was losing MY mind!! BTW.. I did not use your checks, although I could have. And so could anyone else.. it's nice that most people are honest.

Unknown said...

I am rooting for you! That's a good amount to lose. Just picture how they add up to 10 and then 20 etc!! Anyway, excited for you:))
Lara
Btw we will be leaving Hawaii soon for new Zealand but I'll have to read your blog daily anyway:))

16 blessings'mom said...

Lara, wow, New Zealand? My life seems so ordinary....