summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 8, 2011

friday, yay....

I am going shopping today. My list is getting longer and longer, as we run out of things. Eggs and milk and bananas and school supplies. Apples and veggies.

I am picking Evelyn up early from school today. If you work at the school and are reading this, she DOES have an appointment. An appointment to spend some time with her Mama, who loves her like crazy and is getting the vibe that she needs some one on one time. We have been going to the pool lately, and Evelyn is a growing girl...she doesn't feel comfy in any of her swimsuits, so she needs to find something she feels nice in. She needs to know I care about that, and about her. She is very happy to be getting picked and to go with me.

Sonja K. also wheedled her way into this shopping trip. She LOVES being with me. She has so much to tell me. She is the child who seriously shines when she has lots of attention. She is a little sunshine anyway, but I don't get to enjoy her as much I would like. So in other words, I am stealing her for the day.

Mirielle gets home early from college today, so I am leaving the two little princesses her with her. I like to take them with us sometimes, as they are so much fun, but they really like staying here and playing with their Barbies. It will be nice today, they can play on the deck again. And Mirielle is good to them.

These foam mat squares that piece together - they are one of the best things I have ever bought. They line them up to do gymnastics, they bring some out to the deck so they have a comfy place to play dolls, I excercise on them.

I made some really yummy soup for dinner last night. I used my cheat-y condensed cream of celery soup again, then added two cans of corn, leftover chicken, and leftover rice. We had it with salad because there were not many veggies in it. Soup and salad for dinner - yummy, healthy, and filling.

I am tempted to buy a scale. Hmm. Shall I? I haven't owned one in years and years, and my daughters don't want one. But I am thinking it might help me see if I am actually making progress. What if I am doing all this and I don't lose one single ounce? What if I am one of those people who just cannot lose weight? What if I am GAINING instead? blah.

Patience, right? That is the answer to everything.

I had some good granola cereal for breakfast. It is organic, with very simple ingredients, and it was half off at BigLots. Aaron and I went in there yesterday before his appointment. I had fun. He endured. I bought some very yummy Arizona Diet Tea with Lemon. And lots of half price snacks for the kids. And for Paul's birthday: Balance Bars and a six pack of low sodium V-8. And a new coffee maker. Exciting, but he does eat Balance Bars, and in regular stores they are at least a dollar each. I got a few six-packs for $3.

It is so chilly in here. Only 33 degrees out. Spring is taking it's sweet time this year. Come on, we are ready for warmth! I am looking SO forward to getting the pool ready and being able to swim right in the back yard.

Kathryn is here today too. She has a headache. Why is she playing Wii fit then? Hey, I can go on my walk this morning, Kap can watch the kids!

3 comments:

noelle said...

You can do it! I lost 38 pounds 4 years ago. I weigh now what I did when I got married. I was one of those that got married, got happy and gained weight. But I've maintained this loss now! I find keeping a log to be really helpful (ala weight watchers, which is how I originally lost my weight). But I have an iPhone app now that is a calorie counter that I use Mon-Fri to help me maintain.

And I say buy a scale, but only ONLY use it once a week! And use your log to help you see how you are making the most of potions, etc.

Best of luck to you!!!!

Karen said...

I've always heard that a tape measure (or how your clothes fit) is a better scale then a scales...because muscle weighs more then fat, so you can be getting more fit but not loosing weight.

Sherah said...

Hi Della...thanks for your encouragement the other day - I am doing better. =)

I thought of you today because I got inspired to go garage sale shopping - it is one of my favorite things to do with the kids because everyone ALWAYS finds something and it's so cheap! Do you ever go? I decided on the spur of the moment to go pick up my oldest daughter, 11, and it was all worth it when I saw the look of pure delight on her face that I would come get her out of school to do something like that! It was just her, me, and the little ones 4,3,and 1.

Hmmm...I was also wondering...what do you do about your kids and music? As soon as she got in the car she wanted to turn on the radio and listen to her kind of music which isn't all that great of a choice.

I'd much rather place the children's meeting songs full of goodness and reminders of our calling and things pure, good, and noble. But also, to not be hard and all law and "worldly music is bad" kind of thing. Have you ever talked about this on your blog?