summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 11, 2011

school skippers!!!

Who is sick today? Margaret, cold and cough. Kathryn, tummy ache, doesn't feel well. Suzanne, tummy ache, doesn't feel well. Kap and Suze are cuddled on the couches watching, "Tangled" with the little girls. They LOVE this movie.

I do not usually allow movies during the day, perhaps in the afternoon after a busy and active morning...but they don't feel well. Charlotte Claire and Camille are totally entranced with this movie. (Camille calles Rapunzel "Reepunzul")

Paul is gone off to Boston again for work. He left yesterday, won't be back until next Tuesday. I have mixed feelings about Being In Charge without him. I can't tell the kids, "I don't know, ask Daddy." And I do not sleep well when he is gone. I like stretching out in the whole bed by myself, but then I miss him, too. By next week, I will be missing him like crazy.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (hebrews 11 v.1) I have to believe that I can accomplish what I aspire to, whether it is losing weight or getting victory over sin. Or in my case, both. When those thoughts of unbelief start to creep in, I need to say NO, and hold on to my faith. Yes, I love donuts, but that doesn't mean I have to eat them. Yes, I am really impatient and I like to have the last word, but that doesn't mean I am just going to give in and be a witch with a capital B whenever I feel like it.

And no matter what, I don't think I can ever imagine anything as nice as a cup of coffee and a stack of cookies.

But....I had a small piece of cake yesterday, very small, and it seemed so sweet! Now, this sounds really strange, but I actually enjoyed the spinach salad more! Well, about the same. The cake WAS really good. But I am not hopeless....

And...since the kids are entranced by this movie, and Kathryn and Margaret are here, I shall go on my walk......

1 comment:

_ said...

My girls love Tangled. I can't even begin to count the number of times we've watched. The were disappointed that I got home late tonight and we couldn't watch it before their bedtime. It's bad enough that I had almost the entire soundtrack going thru my head at work today. Pretty soon I'll be able to recite it line by line. LOL