summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 16, 2020

a cozy day at home....

Six of my daughters, two of my grandsons, Paul and I at the end, one big comfy couch. Why were we all cozied up on one couch, you might ask? We don't exactly know. Adrian was on another couch, and Jonathan in my chair. Ben and Ashley had already left with their two little girls. We had finished dinner, a turkey dinner with cranberry sauce and homemade mac and cheese made by Evelyn. We had a huge salad, rolls, then pumpkin pie. I made one with no sugar, just added a bit of stevia to it, and it was really good.
Evelyn went and cut some branches, we spray painted them, then spray painted this old five gallon pail. We filled it with the dirt from all the plants that were on the deck, then added some rocks to the top to weigh it down. A 200 count light set, solar lights, and yay! I hope hope hope the lights work, and it lights up tonight!
Elise holding her baby cousin Tennyson....shh, can I tell you a secret? Elise is going to be a big sister! Anya and Elise are going to have a baby sibling! Ben and Ashley are pretty thrilled. (Elise is all about the babies...she always needs a turn to hold them)
Cam and Sunny, just because.
Paul called Wulf over to watch a video about jets...
Wulf loves his grandpa. I had to tell Paul the other night, "Don't give him any C-A-N-D-Y!", because I had already given him some M&M's. Wulf knows that grandpa is good for some sweets, he'll rummage through the pantry and give him stuff. Today, I have to bring Ben and Ashley to the airport, they are going to Florida to visit grandma (great grandma to the girls!). Then I have a ride-on digger to pick up from a lady, from marketplace, for Wulf's Christmas present. We are itching to decorate for Christmas. Yesterday, I actually gathered up all the autumn decorations, the pumpkins and orange candles, Thankful mugs and fall flowers, put it all on the table, so we could start decorating for Christmas. Well, we looked at all of that stuff, and decided we still like it, and put it all back. Next week, we'll decorate for Christmas.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Lovely photos 🥰 You know I think Elise looks a bit like Camille........yes.....no? In the photo she does I think. How exciting that she’s going to be a big sister!! At the rate my grandchildren are going I’m never going to be a great Nana. Only 1 out of the oldest 7 even has a girlfriend. Oh well, all in good time. 4 of them ....all boys......are still in college/university, plus working part time and they recon they are too busy right now to have a girlfriend 🤣🤣I’m not decorating for Christmas yet......too early for me. I’ll drag out the stuff in December sometime. I think there’ll just be my husband and me this year unless my daughter from Calgary decides to come. It depends if this virus is better under control. So we’ll see. Not the end of the world. Have a good day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Billie Jo said...

Love your family all gathered together!
Congrats! : )
Have a cozy evening.
Stay safe and healthy!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to hear more great baby news! Congratulations to Ben & Ashley!

Simone

Anonymous said...

You collecting all the fall deco, then putting it all back sounds like a cute children's book! Congratulations on a new grandbaby.
Valerie