summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 30, 2020

....gettin' jingly here!

Just a little trip to Lowe's and Walmart with four of the girls...I got some of those peel and stick tiles for behind the new bathroom sink, which yay, has been installed, thank you Paul!. The faucet is so nice! The old sink had the laminated wood side splash, this new one only has a backslpash, so the wall next to it is all ripped up, rough looking. I need to cover it up with more than paint, so new project, yay! I also bought four brackets. The white ones were the cheapest, so a dash of dollar store spray paint, and now they're black. Paul cut the boards for the shelves, now I have to sand them and put them up.
The tree....it's not picture perfect, but I like big lumpy trees. No one can say it looks fake, that's for sure.
It's a dark rainy day, so cozy. I have to bring Miss Camille to physical therapy this afternoon, and have things to pick up at Kohl's, but I'm not going there today.
Sunny is SO tired.
The both of them are lazy couch hogs.
I started wrapping presents. Camille helped me a bit last night. I am mostly done shopping, phew.
I put in a Kohl's order this morning. They have some decent deals, with an extra 10 dollars off a fifty dollar purchase, and 20 percent off, and I had 30 in Kohl's cash. I do store pick up when they don't have free shipping. I won't say what I got, but it was a great deal, lots of stuff for just over fifty dollars, and now I have 15 more in Kohl's cash.
I have a few more things to get, but am almost done. I tried to keep it to one thing for each of the older kids, and for each spouse, but have gotten a wee bit more than that. The younger kids here get more, of course, but now that they're too old for toys, and I cannot pick out the right clothes, it's more challenging. I still need something special for Cam, and maybe for Sonja. We had a relaxing afternoon yesterday. The only things we bought in Walmart were cilantro, a green pepper, two tomatoes, and chocolate marshmallow ice cream. We threw around the idea of eating out somewhere, or picking something up, but decided we could make good food at home. Paul and Jonathan were out hunting, so it was just the five of us. I marinated the chicken quick, then Evelyn grilled it. I chopped the pepper, Sonja made jasmine rice, then I chopped tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro and Camille seasoned it up with a bit of salt, garlic, and olive oil. We had rice bowls, the grilled chicken was SO GOOD. I finished the last of the sugar free apple pie. The crust my all butter pie crust, with regular white flour, not healthy at all, but the filling was just apples with a bit of stevia and cinnamon. I do not believe anyone else tried it, so that means that Thanksgiving, and the following three days I ate an entire pie. So don't feel sorry for me when I moan about my weight. I usually don't eat things like that, and now that it's gone, it can stop nagging at me to eat it. It would be like, "I'm still in here, yes, there is pie left, come get me!". Anyway, I'm getting excited about Christmas. Now I have to sort through what I bought and get it wrapped. We are having a special Christmas thing for the kids, our kids picked names from church, and we have those gifts to get. The girls will be having a special gathering and will need some gifts for that. Jon will do something with the boys, and need a gift. Aaron, Abigail, and Margaret all have December birthdays...so I'm never "done". I have not experienced at total "don't know what to do with myself" moment yet.

2 comments:

Joybells said...

Your tree looks so festive and cheery, Della! And I can't believe your shopping is mostly done - what?!!! Good for you! I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that summer is gone. Christmas is totally sneaking up on me, LOL. Have a lovely day!

16 blessings'mom said...

Joy, I've done so much online this year. Kathryn and Darius live in Salem, and Jonathan is heading out there next week for ten days. So I had a Target order sent there, and Jon has to wrap it and put it under the tree. So far I have gifts for almost everyone, at least 15 of the kids plus spouses, plus a few things for each grandchild. We did a lot of group gifts this year, for example three or four of us pitching in to get something nicer for someone. I cannot believe that December is upon us already...I want that warm sunshine back.