summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 28, 2020

and the tree came tumbling down!

It's a beautiful tree, less so now that it's on it's side.
This year, Miss Sonja K., Miss Charlotte Claire, and Miss Camille Anaya, 18, 14, and 13, went and cut down the Christmas tree all by themselves. I was impressed. Miss Char cut it, actually, they all dragged it to the truck. We live out in the country, so was a twenty dollar cut-your-own tree. (Paul had gone hunting, then came home and actually installed the sink top in our bathroom, and the faucet...but the drain didn't fit just right and it leaked, had to be caulked, ect., so we can't use it yet, but it looks so nice...needs work on the edges where the old sink top was, but I'll get to it one of these days...)(Sam and Jonathan went to get a few Black Friday deals, and I was here with Grace) Anyway...this fine morning, Paul and Jon got up dark and early to go hunting, the girls went up to spend the night at Evelyn's, and here I am. I got up at seven, thanks to two very bad labradors barking at things that are none of their business, aka the neighbors across the street, or maybe a bunny in the yard. In any case, I got up and let them out, put on the water for coffee, glanced into the living room, and oh my dear, that huge tree is on it's side. It's still like that. I tried to pick it up, and couldn't manage, needs another hand. The water has spilled out, things broke, it's a mess.
Oh dear.
And it looked SO NICE!
Aunt Camille with Grant...
Anya with her baby cousin Tennyson.
Uncle Jonny with little Tennyson.
The bird...a turkey raised by one of our friends, totally fresh and organic. 24 pounds of yum.
Elise with baby Tennyson...
Grant and cousin Ophelia... Lydia and Ophelia visited here yesterday for a bit. Lyd came and sat with me and I asked her what she wants for Christmas...she wanted a doll like Anya got for her birthday, so we looked at them online, and I let her choose one, and and outfit. It was great fun, and so what if she knows what she's getting for Christmas? Anyway, I didn't go out of the house yesterday except in the evening to Emily's house for a small wine tasting from their collection of Finger Lakes, Niagara, and Erie region wines...I only had sips, because I had to drive... Today, I might go out and about and finish up my Christmas shopping.

4 comments:

Linda said...

OH NO!!!! You need wire and eye hooks to the wall, my friend. Been there and done that, sigh. All done shopping here, it helps I work at the #1 retailer, LOL.

Hope the tree can be uprighted once again. smiles

Billie Jo said...

So sorry about your tree!!!
But what an awesome attitude you have about it.
I think my younger self would have freaked at that situation.
But now, older and wiser, I am with you.
It will get fixed and if not, so what!
Our two-year-old pre-lit tree has a section of missing bulbs.
Again, my younger self would have been totally bothered.
Now, I turned the tree so the dark part is facing outside.
And life goes on!
Love your beautiful family!

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh Linda, we have a large screw in the window frame near that tree corner, we've always tied up the tree when the kids were little...somehow thought we didn't need to, but ha. I wondered about those pre lit trees...that's frustrating, but yes, making the best of it, what can you do?

Michelle said...

All of those cute little grandchildren! You are so blessed! I have 1 grandbaby so far and it’s the best!