summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 5, 2020

we have joy, we have fun, we have seasons in the sun...

Anne, and Elise...we had a picnic outside yesterday...Miss Char and Miss Cam, along with Davian, Anne, Anya and Elise. I packed crackers, pepperoni, the jar of peanut butter and a knife, some apples, bananas, and drinks. The sun was shining, and it was glorious.
Elise is an expert chicken catcher.
Davian caught one too.
He also found an egg!
Yesterday, I didn't end up getting any bathroom remodeling supplies. Camille and I went to Marshalls, where we started some Christmas shopping. We also went to the grocery store and got a pork roast for pulled pork nachos for tomorrow night...because SAMUEL IS GOING TO BE HERE! He is in the Army Reserves, and has drill in NY state this weekend, so yay! He's driving up from Virginia, it'll be so nice to see him. So Charlotte Claire is done with her school work for the day, we're heading out to scope out the supplies for the bathroom, plus getting things for Miss Cam's birthday on Saturday...she wants to make her own cupcakes, and we "need" fortune cookies...and chicken...Cam's making her own fried rice, too... Sunday is supposed to be warm and sunny too, so we're planning a cook-out. You have to live your life! Be safe, be smart, but don't waste your days! As I mentioned in the comments, the election stuff, ugh. Some things are fishy, unfair, or just upsetting, but, at the end of the day, what can you do? I have chosen to NOT let it get to me. I actually put that invisible election frustration into the palm of my hand, squeezed it up, then opened my hand and let it all float away. I am not going to worry about what I cannot change. I voted, I prayed, and I continue to pray. I pray that God has mercy on us, and gives us freedom, gives our leaders wisdom, so that we are free to be together, and to live how we have faith to live. God sees the big picture, He does NOT make mistakes. To bow down in spirit, acknowledge that He is in control, and fight to be at peace...then we can have good days. Not a one of us is promised tomorrow, so TODAY if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts...(Heb. 3:15).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a good outlook. I've stayed off of Facebook/news/radio, and I think that is helping, too. Anytime I get anxious, I put a praise song on, or start singing something, that points me back to the Savior. All will be well, eventually 😉
Valerie