summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 14, 2020

never would I....

defy a lockdown.
Frost on the pumpkins...and everything else too. Emily and I had fun at Costco yesterday. You could say we had a little bit TOO much fun. We renewed our joint membership, so we had to get our pictures taken, and of course you are asked to pull your mask down to do that. So we just got a tiny bit of Covid, or maybe none, maybe it's too slow and stupid to realize the mask is down, and by the time it zooms toward the face, the mask is back up, and FOILED AGAIN.
(see that large bag of Starbucks Holiday blend? I'm going to share it with Emily, we are excited for it!) As you all know, I do not think this disease is a joke. I feel deep sorrow for those who have lost loved ones, and who cannot visit friends and relatives in hospitals and nursing homes. I also feel great compassion for the doctors and nurses and hospital staff who have to deal with all of this. The hositals here are now requiring the staff to wear masks AND goggles. But the day I stop joking about things...right? Here's some good news!
Kathryn and Darius are having a baby sibling for little Achilles!
I do have a plane ticket to go visit these guys in Oregon, in December.
I sure hope I can still manage to go. Kap is my baby girl, my tenth child, my friend. I miss her like crazy. And someone has to keep the airlines afloat! I'm thinking about finding the white lights I put in the living room windows. If I start little by little, maybe no one around here will notice that I'm decorating so early. I'm doing online shopping mostly this year, there are a lot of people on my list, between all the kids, spouses, grandkids. I want to get them all EVERYTHING, spoil them and bless them. I want them to know how much I care about each of them. Mostly though, the older ones will get one or maybe two things, and the younger ones at home a few more things. So if you read/watch too much news, you might be tempted to get very anxious and depressed. Everything seems dark and hopeless. It seems like the world is spiraling out of control, and there's nothing we can do about it. I keep thinking of the verse that says that God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Tim). So then if you think about that for one second, if you have a spirit of fear, and it isn't from God, whom is it from? Is that something we want to revel in, to give in to? NO! Fight! It is a spiritual battle. We need to trust God, hand it all over to Him! This is our life, and we CAN be happy in the midst of these times. I still have these younger kids, and if I were to give in to despair, what would they do? It is a good fight, the fight of faith, and yes, we are tempted, but NO, we do NOT have to give in! And now...to look for some lights, and get some festive vibes going in here!!!

10 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome news about a new grandbaby, grin. I simply don't know what to think about the impending lockdown, again. It is almost a certainty, sigh.

An American Housewife said...

What a sweet surprise about another new grandchild on the way! Yay! When is the due date???

Rose S. said...

I was a tad flip about Covid, but sadly my grandson who is in the fifth grade was exposed at school this week. One boy in one class room. that they have 2 times a week, Monday and Tuesday. So of course he has to get tested. They all have to get tested and now in remote learning from home. And he is requisition that he stays home the rest of the yr to learn. He is pretty scared as he should be . So yea, its out there and damn the gov of Mass to have the kids back in school. He wants them full time. No need to stay home.... tell that to my Jacob who is now scared he is going to be very sick. :(

Congrats on your next new grand baby! :) How exciting! I wish my son would have another but that train has stopped! lol

Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Rose - almost no one actually gets really sick from it. Especially young people. His age group can 'test' positive and not have one iota of a symptom. If and when they do show symptoms it's so incredibly mild they rarely notice or it's literally 1 day. A day of mild chills or muscle aches, a fever and then by the second day that's gone and they are back to new by the 3rd. Kids rarely get sick from it. Mostly just the elderly and people with other health issues that any flu or cold would effect as well. So don't over-worry it yet.

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! How exciting about a new grand baby 👶 That is wonderful news. I will look forward to seeing pictures of your bathroom.....it will be lovely and a few little things just freshen it all up. Have a great Sunday.......

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Rose, I agree with anonymous: your little Jacob shouldn't be afraid! We have friends who had five kids, one tested positive...none had symptoms at all. Mama was pregnant for #6, did not get sick, all tested and no one else in the house was positive. The baby was born a month ago, all are fine and healthy.
Marilyn, yes, good news about the grand baby, right? Life goes on! Linda, we just have to do whatever we can to rebel...we're thinking to go to Busch Gardens while in Florida in January...:). Feels almost criminal!

Rose S. said...

Thank you ladies! It eases my mind. I know this logically but when its one of yours you tend to over think it. Actually I believe that all of us in my family had it let year. Before it was even mentioned. Everyone had mild symptoms except me , of course . LOL But I lived !

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news, big Congratulations to Kathryn & Darius!

Simone

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Covid thing hits closer to home when your husband is a teacher in a school...a basketball player knows he's sick, keeps coming to school, now the whole school is approaching virtual again. And it isn't about kids getting sick anymore, it's about tracing and quarantine and checking all the boxes, and looking like you are following the rules. Sigh. Congratulations on the new grandbaby coming ❤️
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, I know it's stressful for teachers. My niece teaches French at the school my kids go to, and between balancing the virtual kids, the kids who come in person (two different groups of them, each twice a week), and following all the rules, having parents at home present while she teaches, the pressure is unreal. She is a childhood cancer survivor, with other health issues, and it's not even about being afraid to actually get sick, it's all the garbage....what a world! My daughter who is the oncology nurse feels such a responsibility to keep herself healthy so as to protect her vulnerable patients, and that's stressful too.