summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

it's beginning to look a lot like....

But before we get too excited, know this: it's going to be sixty and sunny on Friday. Such is weather in central NY state.
It's super cozy in here. I made chicken and waffles for the girls for an early dinner/afternoon snack when they got off the bus. Then I made two chaffles for me, which is just shredded mozzarella cheese and egg, I added a bit of vanilla, a spoon of almond flour, and a splash of stevia. I made gingerbread, and sugar cookie playdough today. I also puttered around, decorated a few little wreaths, wrapped one present, and made some lists. Yesterday I organized the school supply/craft baskets, and organized the junk drawers, yes, there are two. You know, batteries and rubber bands and flash lights and wax melts and thumb tacks. Funny story: yesterday I met a lady in the Target parking lot to buy a truck from Facebook marketplace, for Wulf's Christmas. Well, she told me she drove a black 4-Runner, and that she'd be in the back of the lot at 4:30. At 4:25, a black 4-Runner came and parked right next to me, this was BEFORE I moved to the edge of the lot, but still, I had given a description of my vehicle...so this car comes, lots of empty spaces, but parks right next to me. I smile at the lady, she gets out, I get out and put my mask on, hand hold out the money...she looks alarmed. She takes a step back. I realize she is NOT the seller. I mutter and stumble out an incoherent sentence, partly because I was dying of embarrassment, and partly because Sonja was laughing her head off in the van. Oh dear. A bit later, the correct 4-Runner arrived, Wulf's present is in my possession, and all is good. Then, we went to Hobby Lobby... Ah well...

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Brahahahahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 It WAS an honest mistake though, but a funny one 🤣🤣🤣 But you got Wulf’s truck so all good. You certainly are getting into the Christmas spirit though. I actually went shopping today.........all by myself and it was wonderful (my husband sometimes comes too....not the same I’m sure you’ll agree) I really like going by myself as I can look at everything I want. I have to say he’s really good though.....just sits in the mall and waits for me holding my parcels when I go into a store. Today I got boxes of Purdy’s chocolates for everyone. I don’t think you have these down there, but the Himalayan Salt chocolates are to DIE for...... my goodness I’m drooling 🤤 🤣🤣 I’m getting close to being done I think. I always buy my girls some special things because they are very special to me 🥰🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦