summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 23, 2020

how dare you!

I bet these babies are on clearance these days. Well, a long time ago, when our house was full to the brim with children, big and small, our Benjy, my little Benjamin Bunny, was off to war. His time in Afghanistan as an Army medic was rough. He saw some things, he came home "safe", and we are thankful for that. This pic was taken around Thanksgiving, right before he returned. His home then was near his base in Washington state, clear across the country, so the kids didn't get to see him for a long time, but Paul and I flew out to see him when he arrived there. Anyway, the kids voted that they were all most thankful that Benjamin was coming home safely.
What a motley crew, right? Joe with the guitar, Sonja with cat, Mariel holding Miss Camille, Abigail holding Charlotte Claire...our house used to be a pretty busy home. Now, it's generally quieter, except when the older ones all come over, with grandkids too.
We did some decorating, and I love it. Maybe later I'll go around and take some pics, but right now Camille is waiting for me, we are going out and about. We need to return some library books, and get some more, return 5 cent cans, and get a few things from the store.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I remember your Benjamin going off to war. Was it really a long time ago? Where has the time gone?