summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 21, 2020

not too long ago, not too far from here...

...lived a lady who loved nothing better than that first cup of morning coffee...
Yesterday, I went to Costco with Margaret and Adrian, little baby Tennyson who slept in the front carrier the whole time, and little Wulf, who likes to run in Costco. He was very good about staying right with us, except for when he ran around a bit. He told me, "Mama told me not to run, but I ran." I got some of this coffee last time I was there with Emily, it was so good, and reasonably priced, I bought another bag. It comes to $5.60 a pound, which isn't bad. It's a very rich flavor.
So today is the day for decorating, but then the girls are going over to Emily, Abigail, Mariel's house to do some raking, and have dinner. Molly might come over today with Lydia and Ophelia. And. Some REALLY GOOD NEWS!!!!!: Suzanne is moving back to NY from California! She, and her fiance, are moving back in January! They love so many things about California, obviously it's beautiful and the weather is nice, but they miss family and friends. My heart is happy, I have missed my girl so much. One would think that if someone has sixteen kids, and a few move, oh well. It IS life, and kids do have to live their own, but no matter the number of kids, each one owns 100% of mama's heart. It doesn't make sense, but it's true. Right now, I have things to do, places to go, floors to sweep. After our Costco trip yesterday, I picked Ben and Ashley up from the airport, they had a really nice vacation in the sunshine. They picked up some Chinese food on the way home, some extra for the kids here. Abigail was here visiting when I got home, and dinner was ready. I had put two chuck roasts, gravy packets, carrots and potatoes in the crock pot in the morning, yay! Anyway...today, maybe we'll decorate for Christmas....

4 comments:

Linda said...

I so would love a big family, smiles. It has always just been us and our son. smiles. One day he will be married and have a family of his own (one could hope and wish, right?)

Have a beautiful day friend.

Joybells said...

I'm so happy your Suzanne is moving back!! And yay for dinner being ready. I'm about to go put my own roast in the oven now. :) Have a lovely weekend, Della! Enjoy the decorating!

Joy from Salem

Marilyn said...

Great news about Suzanne coming back Della 🥰 California is lovely sometimes.........horrible fires every summer now it seems. I’m like you in sitting in my big comfy chair drinking my coffee ☕️ We started painting our bedroom today, just got one wall done and while that doesn’t sound like much we had to prep too. It’s the wall where the big picture window is so a bit more fiddling around. I cleaned the Venetian blinds too and washed the sheers. They are not straight walls unfortunately. The ceiling is vaulted here and there. Hard to explain. Anyway, tomorrow it’s just a straight wall although very high at one end 😬 My hubby has a long pole thing that attaches to the roller and it works well. So we just do as much as we can for two oldies 🤣🤣

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news about Suzanne! So glad to hear and wow, Congratulations to Suzanne, I must have missed her engagement, how lovely for her.

Simone