summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

a dark and stormy night....woo hoo!

Well, we went adventuring in the snow last evening! It coated the trees and bushes, and made us think of Christmas! There's nothing like the joy of the Christmas season, and when your kids are in that spirit too, it's way fun! Yes, I know that is not proper, but it just sounds right. We went to Target, no leftover candy to be found! We got some makings for paninis: turkey, French bread, ect., and some nuts (Target has these big containers of Peanut Butter Monster Mix, so good, so scary because you can't stop eating it. I try to behave and have just a handful after dinner, and avoid all the giant M&M's in there...but oh dear, it's good! And no, I don't get a penny to say that). We got one little $3 Christmas tree, some seltzer, and an outfit for baby Ophelia.
We went to Starbucks for hot drinks for the way home...the girls thought the white hot cocoa was divine, I stuck with a hot decaf coffee. Today, they are all in school, and I am deciding what to do. I have that bathroom project to do, but need some things before proceeding...I'm thinking to put new flooring in, because 29 year old linoleum, ugh. The sink NEEDS new faucets, and I have to buy them before Paul does, if I don't want the $19 ones, ha. I really want to replace the whole sink top, so I've been looking on marketplace...I need a mirror to replace the medicine cabinet with...I'll take the door off of that, paint it, and move it to a different part of the wall...that's the plan. This evening is Activity club at church, and I'll be bringing Lydia out. Jonathan is one of the mentors for the boys' group, so he needs a ride. I work with Emily with the younger girls' group, it's so much fun! They like to color and sing songs and run around. They have to wear masks, of course, and it's sad, but at least they can be together! So today I'm thinking to go out and try to get a mirror, new towel bars, maybe a new faucet...take a look at the flooring...get some marked down candy for Christmas stockings...something for Camille's birthday...she's sharing the party with her friend Amanda, they have the same group of friends, so why not? I have to get Amanda a gift. Well, pray for peace, above all. Antifa was out in all their evil thuggery, harrassing the general population in Portland last evening. I hope the election goes smoothly. I am praying today....

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good morning 😊 We are having LOVELY weather here!! Saturday it was 16C here. Just wonderful at this time of year as we know winter is long in this part of the world. You and the girls had a good adventure though. We are off to Costco this morning. This is an adventure for us oldies 🤣 It’s hard to believe your baby girl is going to be 13!! Oh my. Enjoy your preparing to paint day 🥰 Big day in your country today .....

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Rose S. said...

I'm not going to lie, this election has me scared. I just read that they are calling / harassing children and that is just going way to far. I'm over it. Over Covid, masks and the election. No one is going to be happy and lord knows we all need happy now! I have been so down that I put up my Christmas tree and lights. It took me two days and I am in love with it again. All red and silver and brushed white! Ahhh.... now that makes me happy! I had to or I was going to go crazy with all this sadness and angst in the world. For today I'll live happy through my lights! :)

Did you know that Home Depot has a ton of clearance vanities and sink toppers ? We got one there for such a little price!

I'm going to paint my bathroom, I just need to tell my hubby!! lol Or maybe not.... ! ha...

Have fun and pray for everyone's peace tonight!
:)