summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 11, 2021

help! I can't stop blogging!

So, turns out staying home three days in a row turns you into a stark raving lunatic.
The stool I recovered...I'll be honest, I don't love it. I bought the fabric online, and it's kind of retro, loud, but considering that I only paid $1.60 for the stool a few years ago (it was $19.99, 90% off, then I had a 20% off coupon), and it had a few drinks spill on it, a small chld played in it, it hurt my eyes to look at it...now, well, at least it's fresh and clean.
The dogs never fail to amuse me, they were so cozy...
Then Sonja K. jumped in for a snuggle...
So I bought crayons, the 96 pack, for $3.01, online from Walmart, while doing Christmas shopping. Mulling over whom should recieve them, I decided that the person who would love them best would be ME, and I do love them. Something about a new box of crayons, some of them are gel, some metallic, so many to choose from! Last night I got out the coloring book I found last year while visiting Kathryn in Oregon...
There was football on, everyone was in the living room, and it was so relaxing.
This fine day, after sweeping up, going with Sonja to get a Covid test, and doing some laundry, Sonja and I went for a walk.
She hasn't started up the semester yet for college, but the other kids are doing online school today.
It's a nice day out. We got some snow, it looked all festive, then most of it melted in the sunshine. Now, more hot yummy coffee, and...hmmm, not sure....

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della ....... I enjoy colouring too. Quite mindless and the Scandinavians say it’s as good as meditating 🧘‍♀️ So there you go......... I have a book I got on Amazon and it’s Hawaiian pictures. Really pretty. Nice thick paper too. I have been using felts. I think your picture is lovely ☺️

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Linda said...

Grin...I have a coloring book too. I like that stool and laughing over the blogging...it seems I can't stop FB'ing and getting in trouble with a certain former professor called me such a huge disappointment...whatever...anyways...no snow here, just cold. I think this lockdown, and what is going on in the US/world is driving everyone batty. LOL

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, thank you! And I do admire the way you spell "colouring", it looks fancier than the Americanized version, and since print doesn't always translate well, please know I am NOT mocking. (Run-on sentence award there!).
Linda, keep getting in trouble, who cares? I'm the same. I have that auntie...I love her...she and her sister are the last remaining siblings of my dad, they were a family of twelve...her husband passed years ago, no kids, and she is absolutely terrified of the virus, she watches CNN all day. She's lonely and brainwashed. We brought her wine and coffee for Christmas (outside, like ten feet away, we talked then left the goods so the germs could die before she brought them in to her little apartment...), and she was SO thankful. It's sad, really, that people like her are so vulnerable and easily brainwashed. I am not going to be quiet though, just because I know every little thing I say will be refuted by her...(and P.S.: that professor saying he's "disappointed" in you, that is SO condescending! harrumph.)

terre said...

della, i just got a new coloring book too! i use crayola twisters -- colored pencils that you dont have to sharpen. my new book is a color by number and each page is a mystery. i LOVE coloring!!!

Cheryl said...

Can I just chime in to say LINDA...I am very disappointed with your former professor!! 🙄 Please let him know, if he hasn't cancelled you yet!! I find myself sorely tempted to get in trouble, which only means voicing my opinion!! It's just that there's so much hypocrisy, lying, twisting etc going on! I really do feel that some other things are going on, much worse than what's in front of us! But perhaps I'm just another conspiracy theorist!!😂
I think our mother would be proud of your recovering job, Della!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Terre, I love Crayola Twisters! I think I'd do better with colored pencils, but I just love crayons!
Cheryl, I agree! If we don't stand our ground, who will?