summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 8, 2021

what to do during quarantine...

1. Mull over that title. It's still rather surreal, the world we live in right now. 2. Blog every day, maybe twice, like today. Today, I did some awesome things! I drove to Aldi, and let Jonathan do the shopping! I only called him once and texted like five times. He did a good job though! I also cleaned the hall, vacuumed the stairs, did laundry, cleaned my bathroom, made an excellent dinner (chicken breasts marinated in lime juice and Montreal chicken seasoning, grilled outside by Jon, sliced up, served with a fantastic salad with freshly air-fried pecans (I LOVE the air-fryer! Pecans rolled in egg white with sugar, cinnamon, and chili powder, foil lined air-fryer basked with melted butter, mmm! 5 minutes at 300, stir, 5 more minutes, stir, a few more minutes, sprinkle with salt, and they'll be the best salad topping ever!) 3. I rumpled through some old papers. I found an essay Emily wrote when she was 12...she wanted to be a nurse! She wanted to help people because of her cousin Katie, who had leukemia as a child. 4. More Christmas decorations were packed away today. We took the tree down before Florida, but left some for...quarantine. 5. Today, I got some fun things in the mail! I ordered fabric, a small clearanced Christmas tree, and two nice baskets from Joanne's. I also got a gift that I ordered for Wulf...kind of. See, I ordered him a light for his room that will project stars all over the walls, thought it'd help him sleep. I got the email that it was delivered yesterday, but the box felt rather light. I opened it today, and voila! A package of Sour Patch Kids heart candy, for Valentine's Day. I messaged Target, they said I could keep the candy and the light would ship out soon. Can you imagine if I had just given him that box? Yippee, he would have liked it much better ha. 6. More fabric is coming from Walmart. Shh, they have really nice Waverly fabric, for cheap! 7. I threatened to take the kitchen cabinets off the wall and put them on correctly, but I'm not really going to do it. When we built the house, whoever put the cupboards in mixed two up, and it's still bothering me, almost 30 years later. 8. Tomorrow, I'm planning to take all of the dishes out of all of the cupboards, sort, discard, donate, re-organize. 9. The girls are busy catching up on school. Their in-person classes are postponed until January 19th. 10. Sonja is chalk painting things in her room to match her new comforter, a blush pink color. 11. Paul and Jonathan are sorting out the tip-ups. If you don't know what those are, you probably live in Florida or California. They're going ice-fishing tomorrow. 12. My diet was rather sabotaged in Florida. Pizza in the hot tub? Chipotle Chicken crispers as an AFTER DINNER SNACK, Door-Dash-ed from Chilis? Half a bag of chocolate covered peanuts? Pizza in the hot tub AGAIN, from the same place, because it was so good the first time? Yup. 13. Quarantine plans include walking and working out, neither of which happened yet. It WAS cold out, like 25 degrees. Jonathan managed to work on his four-wheeler, but brr, we backed out of the walk. 14. The girls want to make bracelets. Can Jon be trusted to go into Walmart and pick out the right beads and string? 15. It's been one day. Nine more to go. And shh, Linda :) 16. Do I get a million points for not talking about current events? Events that have me almost livid? 17. A million points are how many I earned the other day when a nice old lady in Florida complimented all the girls and I, said she could tell we were family. (she said we had pretty hair). Sonja said, "We're sisters and this is our mom." The old lady said, "Well we had four girls too, but also THREE BOYS." I just told her that was so cool, and kept my big fat trap shut, how is that for restraint? My girls could NOT believe it. 18. I wish I had bought things to chalk paint, back when I actually had the freedom to go where I pleased...this is killing me already. And shh, this is my blog, I can cry if I want to...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband would be the same way about kitchen cabinets being wrong, and also would not change them for thirty years, ha. I would live with it a lot easier on my mind. Have you read Cold Mountain? I am right now. I'm going to call my blog post review of it 'Brutal Beauty', because that is what this book is❤️. Keep your chin up!
Valerie

Anonymous said...

What are tip-ups? I'm in Illinois.

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, I have not read Cold Mountain, but perhaps I'll order it from the library.
Tip-ups are wood pieces that are used for ice fishing, they go across the hole that you drill in the ice (they have a gas-powered auger, very fancy!). The fishing line is suspended from the tip-up, and when a fish bites and puts weight on the line, the tip-up has a flag that pops up, alerting that YAY, it's not just freezing your rear ends out on the ice, you actually caught something! (I haven't gone in years, but back when I first met Paul, I went a few times, and it's quite gorgeous out on the ice...)