summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

simple in the sunshine...

The Target here has WINE in it! We didn't buy any though. We stayed in the hot tub for too long, swam in the heated pool, ate leftover pizza as brekky pizza with fresh scrambled eggs and bacon on it, and went back in the hot tub. We played a bit of Yahtzee...here's Sonja K....
So we've had some fun, some relaxation, some sun, tomorrow's the last day, then we're heading home on Thursday. The news from home looks grim, one of our local nursing homes has 130+ positive cases, with a dozen deaths. We'll have to quarantine for ten days. It's real, and it's not fun. Pray for a safe trip home for us! Paul misses me, he says it's too quiet at home with just him, and Jonny, and the puppers. I miss him too! In the midst of all this, remember, if you are a praying person, then keep praying, don't lose heart.

5 comments:

Linda said...

10 days? I know of employees who have to qurrantine for 14. I know the new rules say 10--but in reality its 14 (so we are told at work). I am so jelly your having so much fun, smiles.

Billie Jo said...

So nice to see you, my friend!
Enjoy, and have a safe trip home.
Praying with you here. Always.

Susan said...

Did you pick up an extra person along the way?! I do not recognize the person on the sofa with Sonya (pretty sure I know all of your family members). ♥️Susan

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, you shush, 14 days, harrumph!
Billie Jo, thank you!
Susan, what good eyes you have! That's Aaron, my Cali son, shh, he's met us here as a surprise for the girls. He has already had Covid, and also has had the vaccine, since he is in healthcare, but still, traveling right now is a no-no, so...shh.

Suz said...

It looks like you had a lovely time in the sunshine.
Praying for a safe trip for all of you. Be well!!