summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 31, 2021

more controversy? no, thank you.

 Yesterday was a frozen Saturday.  It was too cold to go ice fishing.  It was a day of teenagers sleeping in, and me cleaning the house.  Sweeping and mopping and vacuuming and wait, good morning, Miss Cam, here's the Windex!  The girls decided to invite their friend Amanda to come spend the night, so they tidied up their room.  Sonja has been super busy being back in college, and was restless to get out of the house, so off we went, just her and I.  

First stop, Kohl's.  Sonja's coat that I got her for Christmas has a few tears in the pockets, but there were no more in stock, and if we got our money back, we couldn't replace the coat with another brand for any where near what I paid for it.  Also, she really likes the coat.  So, we're sewing the pockets.

Next, Hobby Lobby, just because...well I love that place.  Sonja, not so much, but she was a good sport.  We wandered and meandered, and I decided that if I ever won a thousand dollar shopping spree there, I'd be quite happy.  We bought some beads for the girls, they have been keeping busy making bracelets and rings, and spent a grand total of seven dollars.

We splurged on Starbucks on the way home, while talking to Samuel on speakerphone.  He started a new job, and has had all sorts of adventures down in Virginia.

Home, Margaret and Adrian came over with Wulf and Tennyson, and Evelyn also came over.  Dinner...homemade pizzas, and wings in the air fryer.  

Wulf is hilarious.  He likes to "fix" things.  There's a Fisher Price trike here that he likes to ride on, fills the seat with all sorts of trinkets.  Sonja got out a screwdriver, a lint roller, some pliers, and pretended to be the mechanic.  The other day when he was here, he spilled some water, and Margaret said to him, "We have to be clean it up, otherwise people will fall."  He said, "I want wise people to fall."

This fine morning, I was the only one up for a bit, which means feeding the pets, letting them in and out, washing up the few dishes from last evening's decaf coffee.  I like having some quiet in the morning, which is quite possible these days.  The teenagers who sleep and sleep are the very ones who roused me out of bed at all hours, not too long ago.  

Miss Lydia is coming over today, and going to church with us...

See?  I can write an entire post with NO CONTROVERSY.  I've been thinking about why my feelings have gotten so hurt, and well, it's the age old thing:  I want everyone to like me, boo hoo.  Sonja and I talked a bit when we were out and about, she absolutely detests controversy, avoids politics like the plague.  I said I don't like dissent either, so she wonders why on earth I write what I do.  Well, I don't know.  I guess there are some that hope that censorship and shaming will silence the more conservative Americans.  I'd also guess that most Americans are NOT crazy radicals, just freedom loving people who want to live in peace.  

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della...........you are right. Most people just want to live their lives in peace and happiness I think. It was nice you and Sonja got to go out together. One on one is always a bonus, isn’t it? I like Hobby Lobby too! We don’t have it here, but I used to go looking when we were in Arizona. Didn’t really buy much as we we’re always loaded down when traveling, so no room for extras. We seem to be warming up a tad, and tomorrow is February and it’s a short month and then the worst is over I hope. Lovely and sunny 🌞 today and -13C at the moment. I’m going to bundle up and take Bindi Boo to the dog park I think. Have a lovely day 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your quiet mornings sound like a LOT. :) You never stop, do you? I suppose you always have a houseful and always something to cook or clean.
Controversy? What? Are you being a realist again. :)

Judy Weniger said...

I agree, most of us just want to live our lives loving on our families. But, controversy is probably a part of life. In our family of 7 children, 4 in law loves and 8 grandchildren we are almost all on the same page except 1 son and his family. We don’t see them often as they are in west coast but we try to leave politics at the front door when they arrive. Lol
I love hobby lobby and any of my still at home girls that go with me are basically appeasing me, haha. I don’t care as long as we get to hang out. I often appease them. Lol
Also quiet mornings are a gift when everyone is home all day. Katie is at college today working. But her two sisters are still sleeping. I have finished some laundry and am getting ready to once again run the shovel over the walkways. Joys of winter in the Northeast.
Have a blessed day!