summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 23, 2021

stuck in January....

 January in the north, if you love darkness and cold and snow, you'd be quite happy here in NY.   I sort of like it when it gets dark at five o'clock, it's snuggly.  When the days get longer, it's hopeful and amazing, but also like that I'm-not-ready-to-get-out-of-bed-yet feeling.  

The kids were supposed to go play volleyball last evening, but the snow kept them home.  The girls got out some beads and wire and string and made bracelets and rings.  I had some hot decaf, and avoided the cookies and milk they were chomping on.



The ones with sprinkles are for Princess Camille, she doesn't like chocolate chips.


It was snowing out last evening!  They weren't even out there for very long!


That little car!


After 11 last night, I snapped this pic of the weather radar.  We live right in the path of the yellow, the heavy snow.  Lake Effect snow just comes down in bands from Ontario (top left of the pic).  

I'm going to get my boots on and go out and shovel the deck...

Well, that was fun, I'm back in now!






Have a warm cozy day!


6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Della you have TONS of snow ❄️!! Wow...........Yes the dogs love the snow, don’t they? No sense, no feeling 🀣🀣 Those cookies look so good Della and I’m impressed that you didn’t even eat one. The trouble is one leads to two...........and three!! Well I’m speaking for myself here 🀣 I am sitting here in my big comfy Lazy Boy chair, still in my pj’s and dressing gown and blankie and I made myself one of my favourite breakkies.........toast, peanut butter and apricot jam and coffee. I don’t have it very often and sometimes I crave it πŸ˜‰ I open the fridge and that jam is calling me! Oh my goodness........there’s a lady on tv right now and she has these hot chocolate balls! Have you heard of these? You put the ball in a mug and pour hot milk over it and the chocolate and melts and has marshmallows in it!! Well I must turn this tv off and get my butt into gear. It’s so cold today....the weather man just said it’s -20C 😬😬😬😬 I think we might watch GONE WITH THE WIND tonight. It’s live streaming on some network here. Have you ever seen it? I think I saw it about 60 years ago!!! Ttfn πŸ‘‹

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ y

Jeanette said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! You certainly have a beautiful family! I've got your blog saved in my reading list. Looking forward to getting to know you more!

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, my mother and I used to watch Gone With The Wind whenever it was on t.v., long long ago. I read the book a few times, too, love it! And yes, cocoa bombs, my girls tried to make them today. They rather failed, got stuck in the mold, but they made the best cocoa ever anyway, so they said. They went out and played in the snow with little Wulf, then came in and had it.
Jeanette, yes, nice to meet you too!

Linda said...

Ok I had trouble concentrating after the cookies, LOLOL. Yep, same weather here too. smiles

Have a beautiful day, friend.

Marilyn said...

Monday morning..........-19C here......that -2.2F πŸ˜¬πŸ˜¬πŸ˜¬πŸ™„

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Chrissy said...

We had snow! About 1/2 centimetre! and it's arrival was announced by thunder! We were woken at 6.30am by thunder snow! its a real genuine thing!