summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 1, 2021

well, hello, new year!

Four of my daughters and I are starting off the new year doing something that just a year ago would have been fine, run-of-the-mill even. Normal. We're going to the airport, and getting on a flight to Florida. gasp upon gasp. It's Looney-Tunes. It's risky, it's scary, it's CRAZY. But, we mulled and thunk, and we're going. We almost didn't go. My older daughters, the nurse practitioner and the oncology nurse aren't too keen on the idea. The hospitals here are full to brimming, and people should just stay put. So it's not light-heartly that we embark on this trip, but the girls are young, they need to live, and Grandma chooses, at 91 years old and lonely, to see family, to take the chance. So as criminal as it seems, we are going. We almost didn't go. Jonathan had a pain in his lower right side, we thought it might be apendicitis. I spent the night on one couch, he another, all dressed (I slept in my jeans!), in case it got worse during the night. It got better. phew. Paul had his appendix taken out when he was a kid, so he knows to keep an eye on things, he can handle it, right? Oh, Bad Mom Award. But, we're going. Our flight leaves in a few hours, off to Orlando we go. I hope and pray we'll all be fine...:)

7 comments:

Susan said...

I know you did not make this decision lightly and I would have done the same. We just do the best we can during these difficult times. If Grandma wanted you to come then that is the answer. Praying that everyone stays healthy.
Happy New Year sweet friend! ♥️♥️♥️Susan

Anonymous said...

I hope things go ok. We are in California and don't take those chances at this point but I can understand the want for sure.

Kristi

Linda said...

Oh do have fun...and quit worrying...folks need to live. s miles

American Housewife said...

Agreed with Linda. And the nurses I chatted with yesterday while donating blood agree. :)



Anonymous said...

Happy new year!🎉
Valerie

Anonymous said...

My mom is in her late 50's smoker with high cholesterol. She has now had corona twice! First time nothing but a few sniffles and loss of taste, this time nothing so far. Sometimes we have to look and think of the ACTUAL risk. Yes its scary, all viruses are. But the number is still low in general. Take precautions but have fun!

WicketsMom said...

Go and have fun. We've flown to Orlando twice during 2020, and went to Universal Studios there, with no problems. The first time the airport was like a ghost town when we arrived, stores closed, no people around.... really eerie as it was the middle of the day.