summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

hiding out at home, here in Florida...

There's a warm heated pool, and a hot tub too. I wondered if one could still get a tan through the screen, and yes, you can. :). We ordered pizza last night, and shh, we ate it in the hot tub. The girls went to a mall for a bit in the afternoon, and bought some new jeans, but other than that...well, we are relaxing. It's not too much different from being at home, except for there's no snow, ha. I have my own room in this huge house we're at, AirBnB.
There are t.vs in each of the five bedrooms, last evening I snuggled into the middle of the king sized bed between Evelyn and Sonja, to watch a show. So we're soaking in the vitamin D, luxuriating in the warmth, even though it's only 70, it's sunny! When we go home, it's back to winter, and to quarantine, and well, let's just say we're enjoying this. Here's a pic of Grandma:
She doesn't like having her picture taken much, but oh well, right? She's spunky. I'm glad we came to see her.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks lovely Della! Enjoy 🥰🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Susan said...

Oh my, Grandma looks great! I am thinking you had mentioned she is close to 90.
Looks like you are having a lovely time, I am happy to know that!
♥️♥️♥️SUsan

16 blessings'mom said...

Susan, Grandma is 91 and a half! She's still got more energy in her pinky than I've ever had, but she is slowing down a bit. She gets tired, and she can't always remember what day it is, but ask her about getting her driver's license at 15 during World War II, and she can remember every detail!
Marilyn, oh the warmth is nice!!!