summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 2, 2022

40 years ago today....

....I met the cutest guy, the absolute cutest.  How can we possibly be so old!?

Baby Ruth Eleanor, with cousin Wulf...
Camille, Sonja, Wulf, Evelyn...
We totally hit the jackpot, as we found all of these trains on marketplace.  The girls played for hours yesterday....
Ruth, Wulf, and her big brother Grant...
Ruth...the time flew by, and they are back home in Virginia now.  I got to cuddle her and rock her.

We've had a few people sick, so our New Year's plans changed up a bit.  Sam and Grace weren't feeling well, but made it home safe and sound.  

It's chilly today, snowy, and we have a good dinner in the oven, almost ready to serve...a nice spiral sliced brown sugar baked ham, homemade applesauce, Brussel sprouts with roasted pecans, and mashed potatoes.  

There are trains everywhere, and still Christmas decorations, but the tree is down and in the woods for the animals.  It's cozy in here, and I am not quite ready to take down the lights....the white lights are so cozy and warm.  I think I'll just remove the really Christmas-y stuff, and leave some greenery and lights....

Ah well, dinner is ready...and SOMEBODY has to get out of her comfy chair and get it on the table!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today is my 23rd wedding anniversary! We would have done something special, but we're sick right now. It'll have to wait. I was going to start back to homeschool tomorrow, too, and that will wait, too, not that the kids are complaining, ha!
Valerie

Mari said...

40 years ago - I married the cutest guy! So I'm old like you... :)
Love the trains. Our Christmas stuff is down too, except my tall, skinny tree with just white lights on in the dining room. We usually leave it until the end of January.

Anonymous said...

I think I am addicted to finding bargain toys for my grand daughter on Marketplace. A few months ago a young couple was selling two enormous Rubbermaid tubs full of Little People sets that had been his as a child in the 90s. For $20 I got two farms, a house, zoo, castle, construction vehicles, circus rides, Christmas sets, and tons of animals and people. Such a gold mine! Sorry you had some sickness in the family that disrupted your New Years. I was sick over Christmas, and worried about infecting others so we didn't exchange gifts with family in town until New Years Day.

Laurie in California

Terri D said...

So sweet!! Great photos and the trains are so fun! I loved this!! xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, Happy Anniversary!!!! I hope you make it a point to celebrate some other time....and your kids will love having some extra vacation. I think kids learn so much through playing anyway.
Mari, I love the white lights...so cozy.
Laurie, that is a true bargain!!!! We have a cold in the house, not too bad for most of us, but we had to scale back quite a bit on our New Year's plans...oh well.
Terri, the trains are too much fun!!!!

Billie Jo said...

Yay!!! Such wonderful photos of your beautiful people. I love the cozy lights all winter long. Happy New Year, my friend.