summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 25, 2008

back to reality

Two of the girls have dentist appointments today, and Abigail has to go to physical therapy for her knee....and I was thinking last night when I couldn't sleep, that maybe she could get a temporary handicap permit....I got up earlier than the children, hopped in the shower, then got all the school lists, and made them into one giant list...unfortunately, this is only the list for the 4 elementary kids....the two middle schoolers will have to get me theirs, and the high school kids usually find out from the older kids what they REALLY need.....sometimes if you buy everything, you don't end up using it all.....What I really hate: the teachers who want zip-lock baggies and disposable cameras.....I am glad I bought a pile of backpacks last year at Target for 75% off.....I hope I have enough of them in there....last year, I went and bought them full price, and it was painful. It's nice for them to have new ones, if they can....

I have to make an appointment to take Aaron for a follow up visit at the hospital we were at....he's supposed to be seen in a week, which because of Labor day, would be the day before school starts......5 hours of driving.......so I better get moving on getting the kids ready for school......

Charlotte Claire has learned to talk, and I don't know if I like it....she just woke up, and said, "Mommy, baba...." Evelyn said that she would get it, and Charlotte Claire said, "NO, Mommy get it!"......great.....I didn't exactly get glowing reports about the kids from the older girls, and I feel bad about it. I guess I see my kids through those parent glasses, the ones that make our own kids so sweet and beautiful, and smart beyond their years....and the older kids see kids who cry about everything, and fight all the time....last night though, they reasoned that if 5 kids cry 2 times a day, and get in 3 fights each, you multiply that, and it equals chaos....plus you have to add all the older kids who NEVER acted like that when they were younger, yelling at them to knock it off.......

So, we are going to really work on listening and getting along better with each other....and I know it starts with me:say what I mean, mean what I say....back up what I say, patiently follow through.....not just say something 10 times and ignore it when they don't listen.....so we have work to do....mostly they are good, and they usually listen......oh, those mommy glasses.....lovely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg ME TOO. I think that I might be using those mommy glasses too much with connor. I think that its easier to just give in because he will throw a bigger fit than catherine would but i am SERIOUSLY going to start making him listen to me and mind me. I thought he was good till he was HORRIBLE on the meds, and then the meds wore off and although he is 100 % better, he isn't as good as i thought he was LOL.

oh i so bought the target book bags on sale last year too. But catherine went through them because her zippers kept breaking. I keep waiting on target to put them on sale again so i can buy her the camp rock one she wants. I mean 14.99 isn't that bad since i just have to buy one, but knowing they will mark it down to 2 dollars in a couple of weeks makes me sick. Luckily my mil bought her a book bag for school so she did have a new one.

Im off to clean out her room to turn it into the nursery. I am so excited to have a room for her.

Jennifer said...

I can't even imagine how much you spend on back to school. I only have one in grade 2 and one in kindergarten and school supplies were $200!! I'm not looking forward to 5 years from now when they're all in school!!