summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

samuel james is 13

I almost forgot! Sam turned 13 on Saturday! His big sister made fudge in the camper,and we had some Zebra cakes....and he had his favorite for dinner: hamburger stroganoff (Hamburger Helper)....for some reason, the kids like this....I made 4 boxes, with 7 cans of veggies on the side, corn, and green beens, and every bit was devoured...it was a chilly, rainy night on Saturday in the Adirondacks, and the meal was cozy, I guess. Anyway, I didn't get him his present yet....he wants a $60 game for whatever system it is that we got them for Christmas...and he wants a party with his friends.....we haven't scheduled that yet....but he is 13 now...a teenager....my eighth child.....we got our swimming pool the year I was expecting him....he was a wonderful baby....I went to our church summer conference when he was eight days old.....and Emily was only 10.....I guess I was only 30 years old then, and had a lot more energy.

I shall try to post some pictures of Sam later....Camille is really fussy.....

2 comments:

Martha said...

Funny what a dozen or so years can do to our energy levels... You had 8 then and kept going, I had 7 and had just quit. I don't think I could ever keep up with them now. I have a hard enough time with my grandson!

Cassandra said...

Happy Birthday to your Sam!!!!
Being easy going must go with the name... I hope he had a wonderful day....